Need feedback on my latest mix...

Sorry, I'm new around here. I just wanted some feedback about the MIX not the music itself. I figured that this would be the place to do that, but I guess I assumed too much.

Thanks,
Jamie

It's called the MP3 Mixing Clinic.

I would assume it's about mixing, but people bash your music rather than tell you about the mix unless you specify it's the mix you're concered about.

I truly hope I can say this without causing any emotional damage.

I think the recording was basically good .. drums prominent, bass well balanced according to my ears .. vocals nice and steady .. guitar a tad bit in the background for my taste. Problem is, the song itself didn't hold my interest.

If I where listening to it on the radio, I would have flipped to something else ..

If you are mainly gonna shop this song .. then I'd add some backup vocals during what I think was the chorus for more dynamics. Maybe even a short but sweet little guitar solo during that last section before the ending chorus.

I think your voice is good ... definantly sellable .. you obviously have a strong voice so why are you afraid to use it?

But that's just my opinion ...

silentman said:
Hi,

I'd like to get some feedback on this latest mix.

Thanks,
Jamie

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=387052

Enjoyed the drumming, a little to upfront for me, less mids for me.
Guitars, more volume, slightly
Vocals, smooth good voice a bit more guts would be good, more aggression. As Bonz said, backing vocals would be a nice touch.
Around 2:30 - 3:05 perfect for guitar solo, would also break the song up a little more, (The song is screaming for a guitar break) nice arrangement to solo over.
Bass, sounds fine
I listened on some piddly pc speakers at work.
Arrangement, once again with a guitar solo would breathe more life into it.
Thats my unprofessional opinion! ;)

Back