Need better equipment for our Videoke/Karaoke sessions

joms

Hi,

To start off, I'd like to tell you that i'm a complete noob and I just research what items to get in forums sites. Also, I am not from the US so I won't be able to test stuff right of the bat. I only rely on reviews then I purchase the item online to have it delivered here. Another thing, we just want singing. We don't know how to play any guitar/piano/etc.

Anyway, me and my friends love to sing and most often than not, they come over during weekends to have a round of videoke(karaoke) at our place. I think I have decent equipments already but I want more. I think I want to get a device that would make our mics get more echo/reverb. I've been looking at the TC-Helicon and Boss VE-20 which people are talking about but I don't know if I am technical enough to use it. I just want something simple but would be magical. I have like $400-$500 to spend for a new toy. Also I need to know how to incorporate it with my current system.

This is what I have for now on my videoke/karaoke system:

For the music part, I use:
Onkyo 609 Amplifier
Mission Floorstander speakers with center and surround (using 5 channel stereo mode)
SVS SB12 Sealed Subs
BMB One Platinum Videoke Player

For the vocal part, I use:
Allen & Heath ZED-10 Mixer (Has effects but it doesn't sound that good)
2x Shure SM58 Mics direct to ZED-10
1x Shure SM7b Mic to a Focusrite ISA One to ZED-10
then the ZED-10 outputs it to 1x QSC K10 Powered Active Loudspeaker (so that my Mission speakers won't get busted) (I can't use a pair since there's no more space)

Music comes out from the Missions speakers
Voice comes out from the QSC K10 (so as not to destroy my Mission speakers)
Area is a normal living room and not a studio room. No sound treatment whatsoever.

If I were to get the TC-Helicon/Boss, how do I add it to my system? I need a very user friendly magic box, if possible, plug and play. Most of what I've read in forums which talks about TC-Helicon seems to use a guitar/piano+vocals. I'm not sure if the TC-Helicon work if its for vocals only. Is there anything else better for me? Again, budget is around USD $400-$500.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry this isn't something I know anything about. I didn't want you to think everyone was ignoring you though.

Yeah, guess no one is into videoke/karaoke here hehe. Maybe someone who knows tc-helicon can chime in? I tried going to their website but i can't differentiate their products. I dont know which one would suite me....

Back