Need assistance with Home Studio...

Joe KID

Hello. I hoping someone can help me out -- as I am new to home recording.

Here's what I am trying to do: I am trying to record guitar and vocals into Home Studio 2002 and then burn that recording to a CD so that I can listen to it in my car.

I am able to record (right now it is simply guitar and vocals) into Home Studio 2002. However, when I play it back or burn it to CD, everything is panned right.

Why is this? Are these two issues separate?

Here's what I have:

Intel Celeron CPU 1100MHz
AT/AT Compatible
252,404 KB RAM

Windows 2000

Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum EX

Cakewalk Home Studio 2002

Playback = I'm guessing I don't have my "cables" set up correctly on the playback? At the moment, I don't have any cables going to the breakout box.

CD = I have no idea why it is all panned right when moving it to CD, which I am simply using Media Player to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

You'll get a quicker answer if you post a link to this thread in the Cakewalk Forum of this site. ;)

I will try to answer your question though...
Also, keep in mind that I'm explaining this as if you are using SONAR, not Cakewalk...

I think that maybe you are not telling Cakewalk to record in STEREO.

So..................

After you ARM the track for RECORD do this

IN>(then press the drop down box)>(choose your soundcard)>(then press that drop down box)>(choose the stereo option of your sound card). ;)

Peace...

spin

or maybe you export your audio on a differnet format. try to export in stereo mode. or when you record something, you set the input or output to only right

okay here goes

there are a couple of things ou want to do

one once you record teh guitar track, copy it and paste it into a new audio track. do the same for teh vocals.

if you look on teh left hadn side on teh screen where the info bar is along with te volume contral you will see one for pan.

now set one of the guitar track to full pan left and one full pan right do teh same for the vocal track.

once you do that, select both teh guitar tracks , and go to audio effect, you need to add compression on to it. muck about with this and do the same for the vocal.
I could give you more details but I cant find my chart that I use for adding compression.

And bingo conver it to your hearts content.

onw the double track vocals are not everyone kettle of fish, but if you dont have agood mic it can beef it up a bit, you might even want a third one with a pan in the centre jsut to really beef it up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them and see if what happens. Also, I will try to link this to Cakewalk as suggested.

Joe

Back