need an LDC for screaming vocals

mattimus

i need a large diaphram condenser for recording vocals.. its a lot of punk im recording so it'll be mostly screaming vocals (*high picthed screaming like alexisonfire, not low growls like in metal.
i would like something i can throw infront of a guitar cab with a 57 close miced... i would like a really versitile mic i can use for vocals (clean and screaming), acoustic guitars, guitar cabs and perhaps a room mic for drums.

i see the akg perception 200 is really cheap and has gotten great reviews on musiciansfriend.com and i trust akg.

my budget is about $200-$300/canadian

any thoughts on the matter?

I've heard nothing but good reviews on the shure SM7. Though I don't think it's a condenser, nor do I think it's in your budget.

Oh Well.

BUMP

You may also get good deal on ebay for one.

With Loud Screaming Vocals you don"t want to use a LDC because your singer Might overload the Mic as LDC are Known for Overloading with very high volume sources....

If you have to use a Condenser I would suggest a SDC as they can handle Loud Volumes better than a LDC but a Dynamic Like a SM57 would probably be better for that type of Vocals as my other Learned Colleuges have allready recomended....

Cheers

i've never ever had a problem with screamed vocals on any LDC. just make sure they stay a foot or so away and use a pop filter.
i use a studio projects b1, by the way.

thanks treymonfauntre.. your very helpful

im probably going to pickup either a studio projects b-1 ($120 canadian at my local long and mcquade) or the akg perception 200

any thoughts?

as well, im pretty sure the perception comes with a shockmount and a metal case.... does the studio projects b-1 come with a shockmount and a case?

Back