Need advice for mixing rap song..

Talent52

..Ok so here is the link to the song:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/661525677/47eaeed9c9f99d8f59df3415c831eb72

The second verse doesn't match with the first verse. Obviously I am dealing with 2 different artists with 2 different styles/voices, but is there anything I can do to get the second artist to sound more close up and "in your face" like the first??? The only thing I can think of is to have him come in and do a double over the entire verse to thicken it up, but does anyone have any other suggestions, i.e. compression, EQ, exciter??? Please help....this has been a nightmare!!!

maybe you should try posting it in a way where it doesn't need to be downloaded. I know for one, I don't know you well enough to trust your file not to give my cpu a cyber STD

maybe you should try posting it in a way where it doesn't need to be downloaded. I know for one, I don't know you well enough to trust your file not to give my cpu a cyber STD
That's the only way to do it. Most streamed files aren't worth the bandwidth they waste for any kind of proper analysis.

G.

maybe duplicate it & add more bass to the duplicate. then blend em together to get a solid vocal

Here we go again.....

Duplicating does absolutely nothing but make a track louder. It would be the same thing as turning it up and adding bass.

Suggestion for Vocal Fix

I listened to the track several times. In my studio, I am not a computer/digital setup. I use "Old School" setup. ( Ghost 32 console, black face Adats, and lots of outboard processing ) I aggree with several of the post that doubling the track will NOT help. If you have access to a plug-in or outboard processors, I try this.

1> Send the vocal track to a parametric and cut the mid from arround 400k

2> Add a plated verb with a low end boost

3> if you have a LOW cut on the track USE it, and boost the 125-200

4> USe some type of compression to equal out the level from the first track

a fast attack with a starting point of about 2.5 - 3 with a slow release and soft knee

On the final over all mix use compression again wqith an -.05 DB and 4 - 6 overall ratio

Will faten the whole track up!

Give it a try and let me know what it does.

JIm

Back