Need a Stereo Control/Low Freq Mono-ifying VST

GLA

Hello all - just wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

I'm after a VST (if it exists) that'll mono-ise anything below a certain frequency, and also control stereo width. Kinda like the two dials on the BX AMEK 9099 channel strip:

1715171372959.png

Anyone know anything that'll do that? Free/cheap/light on CPU a bonus.

Thanks all.

You could just create this yourself. Take the left and right channels, send both to a bus and do a low pass - essentially what happens in a PA processor to give a mono sub channel.

Reactions: GLA
TP Basslane is an old free VST I used to use for that. You might have to search around for the free version, and it probably won't be a VST3.

Now I use FabFilter Pro-Q 3 which has a "side" option in the filter controls.

Reactions: GLA
You could just create this yourself. Take the left and right channels, send both to a bus and do a low pass - essentially what happens in a PA processor to give a mono sub channel.
That will cause some phase interactions when you sum the mono LF back with the stereo part. It's not a massive downside, but a high pass filter on the difference ("side") channel is cleaner. It's possible to "roll your own" if you've got a plugin that will convert both ways between stereo and mid-side.

Thanks both, actually did spy that TP Bassline one, but wasn't sure if there was anything slimmer out there in the world. Usually just fine with the Amek CS but the old DAW sure is getting on a bit!

Back