Need a recommendation for an all-purpose pro mic

gilwe

I am about to make a purchase for a mic that will mainly be used for recording male (my) vocals and guitars. Also to backup my CP60 piano (it has a pickup). I'd like to have your recommendation. Price should be up to 700$. I tend to like warm sounding mics rather than accurate / sterile. But as all purpose mic should I really have a "clean" / accurate mic ?

What mic would you go for ?

Thanks

I'm looking at a Soundelux U195 for vocals. Man, I can't help it. I have got to recommend an AT4050. :D Read my thread "I just bought an AT4050."

I recently bought a Milab VIP-50 for around your max price limit and have really been digging this mic. It's multi-pattern and has a 10db and 20db pad.

It has a unique rectangular diaphraghm and has a really cool high end - very detailed but not hyped in any way and very pleasant. I've only had it for about a week, but have recorded vocals, harmonica, and acoustic guitar with great success.

You don't hear much about Milab mics, but I think they are top-notch.

I'll break with the crowd alittle: for $700, you should get two 4050's :D

The 414, from what little I've heard of it, is an excellent mic, even a little flatter than the 4050.

My Mic

i never see these mics listed in the forums so i'll break it Rode NTV. awesome mic for vocals, piano and guitar amps and acoustics. what ya think?

I would get two mic's for that money. Or mabe a large diapghram and the GT Brick to go with it.

Back