Need a quick review or two, thanks.

I like everything except - the death metal bass drum it doesn't suit the melody or anything else in the song - silly really, the guitars - sound rather generic & the DM doommaster backing vocals.
The vocals are really good until the DM vocal - the melody is good. there are elements of HEART in this but better.
The bass lacks definition though I can hear something chugging along well enough.
Accept the fact that it's more rock than metal, excise the DM elements & replace them with ones that suit the vocals & melody then you'll have a REALLY GOOD ROCK song.
OR
Get rid of the singer, the melody & the rock sensibilities and wade about in the mire of 1,000,001 DM bands that interchange GTR PODS, digital disotortion plug ins & drumagog bass drum patterns.
OR
Go nudeathmetal lite & add a DM rap.

Great tune man. I was expecting a stronger bass on the bottom end when the vocals started. Instead I got hit with the metal bass drums which are also bit too loud throughout the mix (louder than the real drums). I imagine after working on them for so long you want to hear them loud and clear but it's a bit much right off of home plate. I'd rather hear a nice defined bass guitar bringing in the vocals but I'm sure it's just personal :) . Guitars sound great and the vocals fit nice too. Good job!

Great guitar tone...vocals compliment it well. Very interesting song...has some really nice soft touches for a hard rocker. I'd like the drums to be a bit heavier....maybe just a touch louder would do....but that is a personal preference thing. I like the way it sounds....good. Cool tune also. :cool:

Really nice - balanced and clear between vox, gtrs and drums. Also an interesting balance between sweet and edgy. Maybe a little more low lows in the mix would sound good.

Tim

Sounds good. Could do with some lo mids and some lo end to thicken it up a bit.
Sounds a tad thin.
Nice work as usual Finster man.

Eck

I blew one of my v6's, so i went and picked up these JBL LSR4326P's.

I like them quite a bit.

But as always with new monitors its a little hard to tell where things are at first.

Thanks alot for the reviews guys.

Back