Need a professional opinon on a HIP HOP TRACK

for the first song....that whole video game beat vibe was actually pretty good and i think that the last verse that you have isnt really needed cause it seemed a little....*let me catch my breath* too long but it was good.

and for the second one......that synth bass/keyboard/horn thing....it doesnt seem beefy enough to me. but i am feeling it. if i knew ya i would want to change that out and i throw in some real guitar distortion. but aside from that....thats some good stuff man..i feel inspired to go write some rhymes now...thanks

no professional opinon but:
Song 10 in M major - just think it sounds cheap, I know hip-hop generally uses those thin sounding beats but with the computerized stuff over it too - I kept wanting a rock drum-kit and a lot more bass.
Answer - same kind of instruments but this one works with them, instantly catchy - really, REALLY good tune. I've put it on my playlist(wow you think). You've got a great mainstream rap voice and rhythm.

thought I'd just push this above the boring cloneboy stuff and say that "Answer" is an excellent, excellent tune(again).

Stavencrows said:
thought I'd just push this above the boring cloneboy stuff and say that "Answer" is an excellent, excellent tune(again).
HAHAHAHA!! I wish the cloneboy stuff would go away too!!

right my final nudge on the situation - f*uck cloneboy and seifer - this is good music and deserves opinions!!!! Isn't this what this forum's all about??????????????

I'm DEFINITELY not a pro but listening through my new monitors the vocals don't sound that great. What kind of mic and preamp did you use? Maybe they could use more compression to sound more powerful?

Musicwise, IMO the tracks could use more bass and compression. Overall the songs are good but they just don't sound powerful enough.

I'm no hip-hopper nor proffessional so the 1st tune really is bad to me. Don't think I should try to reply on that one.
The 2nd one is much better, both catchy-wise and mix. More bass would be great. Also; hip-hop tunes do much better with more "biggerthanlife"-feel in the mix. Acheived maybe by some panning, space, effects and arrangement. It's a tad flat compared to hip-hop. And that chorus on the vocal - is that the hip-hop way?
2nd tune is good catchy-wize though. Think it would be great with a catchy pop-chorus (samplelike).
Keep it up.

Ok I Listened I liked it .

I think it needs more bass but that may be because i'm listening on laptop speakers :D

will listen again once i get home.

EDIT: Check out the song I just posted : EDIT

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
I'm DEFINITELY not a pro but listening through my new monitors the vocals don't sound that great. What kind of mic and preamp did you use? Maybe they could use more compression to sound more powerful?

Musicwise, IMO the tracks could use more bass and compression. Overall the songs are good but they just don't sound powerful enough.
Honestly i didn't use any professional equipment. I use a $9 clipon radioshack condenser mic plugged in directly into my laptop soundcard infront of a popfilter in a makeshift mikeboth, but yeah i agree with it should have more compression im working on that right now.

Back