Need a Little advice on how to set up my mixer.

pM of impk21.co

My guy hooked me up with his Eurorack MX 2004A 16 channel mixer to use for a while.

Here is where I am kinda confused. It has three outputs that I see. An "alternet output" L/R, "Main ouput" L/R(both these are stereo plug outputs) and one "2-track tape" output(and input as well), which are RCAs. Now I have three devices to where I would want my main mix to go at anytime w/o unhooking things and reconnecting. One to my 8track(all things will have a final recording to here), one to my minidisc player/recorder(just so I could record compositions on the spot!), and one to the amplifier of my monitors. But which one do I run where, does it matter? I am open to any suggestions. On the flip, I also would want the minidisc player and the 8track to run back threw the mixer for other sources, I can figure that out. Other than that, the rest of my gear, mic/drum machine/keyboard/ etc. would just run in. If this makes since and somebody can help, I would appriecate it. Either way, thanks. pm.

Oh, it won't be used for final mixes at all. Cept for maybe when I record a beat from my sampler and have a drumtrack programmed on my drum machine. Thanx.

Back