need a 4 in 4 out mixer or di

stephenmodel

Here is the situation and i am not sure what i need. I have my Tascam US2000 and the 8 xlrs are used for the drums. What i need is to record 2 or 3 scratch tracks to the line inputs. These will just be guitar and bass and i just used VST plug ins for sound on them. They are strictly scratch tracks to help the drummer a bit and they will not be used for anything else. What would be the simplest way getting those extra inputs to there own tracks. I really do not need any preamps or anything like that.

Preferably i want a single unit that can connect all three as opposed to a bunch of di boxes. It would also be nice if they had there own headphones out from it.

i found this SM Pro Audio Q-DI - 4-Channel Direct Box and Line Mixer Q-DI B&H but i never saw it before so i was nervous.

Why do you need 4 inputs for 1 guitar and 1 bass? Note that you DO need some kind of preamps as you need to boost the electric guitar & bass signals up to line level. As you really don't need DI, but do need line level outputs, this thing should work for you.

He said "2 or 3 scratch tracks". I don't know of any 3-channel mixers, so it makes sense that he wants a 4-channel unit of some kind.

i need 2 right now and i might need 1 morre (2 scratch guitars and 1 scratch bass). For scratch guitars and bass i just run them through a VST for sound so they down bleed into the drums. If i go from guitar to DI then amp simulator i would not need a the preamp right? I ask this because i found a guy selling 3 behringer DI's for 15 bucks each and think i might get them. For 45 bucks thats half the price of the mixer and once again this will only be for scratch tracks.

What do you guys think?

DI takes the unbalanced input and converts it to balanced XLR output. If you want to use the line-ins on your Tascam, DI boxes won't help you.

Back