Near Field Monitors $200-300

buy used off ebay...will save you some cash but get you a descent set of monitors.

You can pick up a pair of m-audio monitors at that price that are very reasonable.

Last edited:
samson 65as $299 pretty good still getting used to having large speakers on my desk rather than my 5.1 multi media speakers but its all good. checkout www.americanmusical.com items over $249 you can make payments on 3 payments with no intrests....i've used it a few times.... thats the way for impatient people like me to get my stuff.

Would you have any reason to prefer the samson's over the behringer truths? The truths have the ability to adjust to your particular space but don't have RCA outs, only XLR and 14inch, would that cause a problem or could I just get a 1/4' Y cable and plug into the speakers and then either my headphone jack on the front of my audigy card or get a 1/4 to std (1/8?) and go into the sound card. wha huh ????

i'm one of those more power tim the tool man taylor nut cases....the behringers have a bigger woofer so i wanted them...havent heard them but i would've picked them...there are RCA male to 1/4in male cables you can get that fix that problem...i have two. yeah you can get a splitter and that could work i think. i have an elaborate setup of my own....(2) rca male to 2 rca female splitters that go to (2) rca male to 1/4in male cables that connect to my speakers...i have a 2 rca male to a 1/8 female jack and a 6 foot 1/8 male to 1/8 female extention that goes to a 1/8 male to (2) 1/8 female jack for dual headphone monitoring

Track Rat said:
Yorkville YSM-1's.

someone needs to make a sticky on this. LOL

If your looking for good entry level monitors within this price range. Get a set of Yorkville Ysm1s passives.

Malcolm

Back