Navajo Rain

ksounds

Well I've finally made it back to post something.

I'm using a new program - to me anyway, Abelton Live (intro edition - limited version). Overall I think it's a pretty cool little program. It's a soundscape piece, and I'm using an Alesis micron to make most of the synth sounds. Used iDrum for the beats. Used an m-audio solo to record everything with. Let me know what you think and thanks for checking it out!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=805880&content=music

Last edited:
Hey man - glad you posted this. Sounds great. Not the kind of thing I'm too familiar with to be sure, but there are some really nice sounds on this.

Personally, I was more into the more musical bits :-)30 on) and not so much on the atmospheric intro, but again, this isn't my speciality (not that I have one).

The thing that struck me most was the use of reverb. The varying types and/or levels of verb used here really create a huge 3D image. Some of the sounds come at you from really distant locations and others from nearby, but it all fits.

It kinda seemed like it ended prematurely...did you have other stuff happening after the fadeout, or was that where you intended on ending it all along?

Anyway, nice work...maybe some with more (meaning "any") soundscape experience will chime in...:)

Thanks Heat.

This is more or less an experiment with Abelton Live, and not any sort of real "song". Just trying to get familiar with the interface and see what kind of possibilities exist to create song structure. Structure wise, there is more I can do with it.

The indian intro is a little corny, but I grabbed a sample from it and used it in the music, so I figured it would be good karma to include it. I'm pretty sure most people who have listened never made it past that point:rolleyes:

Mix wise, I'm pretty happy with the space I was able to create with the reverbs. Thanks for checking it out, I appreciate it!

spot on...badass stuff. this is absolutly my kind of music.

i see:

deserts
uma thurman with a katana
or danny trejo and his machete

however...great atmosphere and great sound as well

spot on...badass stuff. this is absolutly my kind of music.

i see:

deserts
uma thurman with a katana
or danny trejo and his machete

however...great atmosphere and great sound as well

Cool! Thanks. Glad you liked it. Looking forward to Machete.

I thought the fidelity was pretty good. Except for the intro - I had trouble making out the words.

Liked some of the long verb tails on this. Fit the song well.

Guitars sounded nice.

Yeah, sounds awesome... very crisp and clear, great mix. No complaints from me.

Thanks.

I thought the fidelity was pretty good. Except for the intro - I had trouble making out the words.

Liked some of the long verb tails on this. Fit the song well.

Guitars sounded nice.

Yeah, the sample was ripped off youtube. As far as fidelity goes, I recorded everything at 44 16bit. I also use a pretty inexpensive interface, and I wouldn't say my room is "acoustically treated", but for what I got I'm happy enough with the sounds. The reverbs were the effects that came with Abelton. Thanks for listening!

You'd be surprised how little Live intro varies from the full one....wish Id known to have hung on...

I agree with the starting sample, could do with a bit more cleaning...loved the soundscape..really nice with the guitar...man Ive got to try and do some stuff like this

levels were all good, I wouldnt know what resolution you recorded it in as it all sounds pretty good to me

was it real percussion (claves or woodblocks) or just samples?

levels were all good, I wouldnt know what resolution you recorded it in as it all sounds pretty good to me

was it real percussion (claves or woodblocks) or just samples?

Thanks...idrum for the beats, some wood sticks I have for the live click sounds. Guitars were recorded with a Rode NT3.

Abelton intro seems pretty adequate for my needs...no real desire to upgrade. Between that and garageband, I feel pretty covered.

Thanks...idrum for the beats, some wood sticks I have for the live click sounds. Guitars were recorded with a Rode NT3.

Abelton intro seems pretty adequate for my needs...no real desire to upgrade. Between that and garageband, I feel pretty covered.

ahh ive been collecting little percussion things to play, i cant seem to stop using them in things now...

Ive got iDrum as well..Ive been raving about it for a while...the only shame is the amount of outputs tracks you can set it too

nice that it covers this too...ive been using it for much more generic dance stuff

Back