Native instruments downloads are so slow?

rob aylestone

I've got a fast download via fibre - over 900 tonight, so I thought I'd update some not installed things I can get. Download is a crawl tonight. Updated some big windows files as it was going badly with NI- bigger files installed in a flash. I have three hours left NI says? What is the point of mega fast downloads if they cannot supply data at my speed?

Updates from IK Multimedia for my AmpliTube plugins take forever. Everything involving downloads from IK takes forever. I think this is more on IK's end as I can DL much larger files in mere seconds from most places.

Maybe you're service is being throttled to allow for more traffic.

I downloaded a very big spitfire audio file really quickly - but I've given up and left NI to run overnight, the speed is painfully slow.

The NI KA6 I have is an excellent interface, superb, stable drivers with very low latency, very low noise mic pre amps but any contact with NI "support" was tedious in the extreme* so I am not surprised that they don't give a monkey's how slow their servers are!

No one seems to question UP load speeds and certainly the internet suppliers don't advertise it! I have a modest 37M download speed but my upload is a much more pedestrian just under 10M so no one will be getting stuff from me at 900 megs!

It takes two to Tango...fast!

*MOTU on the other hand are very friendly and helpful.

Dave.

Back