Native Instruments B4 and FXpansion 2.0

E-money

I was recently given a friends old DAW after he upgraded. He was running Cakewalk Pro Audio 8.03, Native Instruments B4 VST and FXpansion VST to DX adapter 2.0. I'm trying to figure out how to use the B4 within Cakewalk using the VST wrapper, but I'm not having much luck. It seems like I can only apply the VST adapter to an already recorded audio track, when what I'm trying to do is use it for some midi organ tracks. My buddy is out of the country and unable to assist me. Can anybody point me to a tutorial, or walk me through this process? The B4 sounds great as a standalone, but doesn't do me much good unless I can make it work in Cakewalk.

I have a B4 and it comes with both Direct X and VST versions (a simple workaround, if you can afford it, is to buy sonar, it has a free upgrade patch that turns B4 into a directXi instrument), so you can use the DirectX. You have to use a midi looper like Hublies (spelling?) that comes on the B4 disk..... I think there is some info when you install it about how to work it in cakewalk.... you rout output to the Hublies which routes it to B4.

Back