Nas is Back!

his album isnt goin to do no better then whats its expected to do when it drops...i hate to say..

I'm sadly aware of that - and I feel disgusted that I'm sure Chingy or any of those other cookie-cutter "Dirty South"/Crunk artists with no talent sell multiple times what NaS does.

as i can feel your pain..i do not agree with that statement..plus chingy isnt sellin...LOL

i seel it like this..NY reign for so long over hip-hop/rap..and now its puttin out weak number week-end-week-out (except for the Jay Z rrelease)

no new artist is coming out of NY....

people can hate on the south all they want about it being crap or Sugar Honey Ice Tea..the fact is they are bringing money to labels with sales...their hot...they pack the dancefloor..

dont hate the game, change it

create some new and have a followin, make noise

music is always changing..its will always be someone chance to shine..

right noe Baltimore Club Music is about to make it mark on the industry...its already doin it big in Philly, NJ, and some parts on NY...

grow and become better..

Hip Hop Is Dead

Have any of u seen his new video??? The Hip Hop Is Dead track one
heres a link, its the best quality i could find soo itss goood and enjoy,, :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21xBeiAFRe0

If Hip Hop Should Die Before I wake,
I put an extended clip inside of my ak,
Roll to every station, murder the dj.

oo shyt first video i seen in years with out the girlss shakin theirr ass ahaha dont get it twisted i like that shyt but its wayyyyyy tooo much these days ..

Well, the thing is that all the kids follow what is hot. And what ever the radio or TV says is hot or the newest thing goes. Nas stays true to raw rap and hip hop, which at the moment is on the back seat. which is very sad. Cause I can listen to NAS and start to think and flashback. I like music that makes you think. Club joints are cool to get up and feel good. But, sometimes you have to set and think for a moment.

A lot of the young folks don't know about the history of Def Jam or where rap and hip hop came from. :o I love to study the history...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. When I talk to so-called "hip hop fans" my age, they know nothing [and don't even care to know] what hip hop truly entails.

Ya, I agree. And if you don't learn about history. You're doomed to repeat it. Also, if you don't know your roots you are half a person. Know where things came from and where you came from...

True rap and hip hop was about telling your story, life, and struggles in poetry to beats. Was never to sell records until now. When money is the motivation to make something, you loose the real point and pureness.

artist, creative person:
a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination.

Although they may earn recognition during their lifetime, they are usually not recognized for their accomplishments until after death. (This is so true)

Lives a life of unstable economic means.

True artists are not in it for economic power but to create and get their vision out.

thats why i started my album over!!!

I want music that will out live me by its own credibility and artistic value. Not cause i sold a million copies of it that year ya know

Back