Namm Show

chance

This might be a good concert. Anyone going, bring your camcorders, and it's only a few steps from the convention center.

2008 ACOUSTIC CAFÉ LINEUP ANNOUNCED

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SAN RAFAEL, CA ˜ January 11, 2008 ˜ Acoustic Guitar has announced the lineup for its 14th annual Acoustic Café, held annually at the NAMM Convention in Anaheim, California. This year‚s event takes place on Friday January 18, 2008 at 7 PM in the Anaheim Hilton‚s California Ballroom D. The 2008 lineup includes John Mayer, presented by C.F. Martin & Co.; Phil Keaggy, presented by L.R. Baggs; Brad Davis, presented by Takamine; Fred Eaglesmith, presented by D'Addario & Co.; and Sarah Jarosz, presented by Collings Guitars.

"This year's Acoustic Café will certainly be one of the premier events of the NAMM show," said Dan Gabel, Group Publisher of Acoustic Guitar. "Thanks to the stellar line-up of talent provided by our sponsors, we're looking forward to another jam-packed show."

Invitations to the Acoustic Café will be available at sponsors‚ booths during the NAMM Convention, which begins Thursday, January 17, 2008. In addition to the presenting sponsors, the 2008 Acoustic Café is sponsored in part by B-Band, Elixir, Huss & Dalton, AER, McCabe's Guitar Shop, Lace Music Products, and Copley Instruments.

With over 63,000 magazine readers, 150,000 unique web visitors, and four info-packed e-newsletters each month, Acoustic Guitar is the leading media resource for acoustic players. For more information, please visit www.acousticguitar.com. <http://pull.xmr3.com/p/2240-19A3/58203075/http-www.acousticguitar.com.html>

About the artists:

The last few years have seen hit songwriter John Mayer maintaining a frantic pace. In addition to his own writing, recording, and touring, he has collaborated with icons and contemporaries alike (Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Herbie Hancock, as well as Kanye West, the Dixie Chicks, and Alicia Keys), was nominated for five 2007 Grammy Awards, and won two: Best Pop Vocal Performance for "Waiting on the World to Change" and Best Pop Vocal Album for Continuum.

Phil Keaggy is recognized in both the Christian and mainstream music communities as one of the best guitar players to ever pick up the instrument. His masterpiece album, The Master and the Musician, challenged conventions with its folk-, jazz- and rock-influenced compositions, stretched musical and sub-cultural boundaries, and set a true high watermark for artists of faith that remains in place some 30 years later.

Grammy Award-winning artist Brad Davis spent ten years (1992-2002) performing onstage as a member of Marty Stuart‚s road band. For the past six years he has played lead acoustic guitar with Earl Scruggs and Friends, and for the past five years he has played lead electric and acoustic guitar in Billy Bob Thornton‚s rock band, the Billy Bob Thornton Band. A talented guitar instructor and writer, Davis has been a columnist for Flatpicking Guitar Magazine since 1996 and is currently Takamine‚s main guitar clinician, conducting dozens of music-store clinics for Takamine each year.

Award-winning singer-songwriter Fred Eaglesmith inspires comparisons to icons like Woody Guthrie and Bruce Springsteen, tops the roots music charts, and boasts devoted fans that include a slew of his fellow songwriters. His latest album and 16th release, Milly's Cafe, hit the Top 10 on the Americana chart, and he is also the only Canadian to have ever written a #1 song on the bluegrass charts. He is the subject of three tribute albums and enjoys critical comparisons to some of the most respected talents in music.

Sarah Jarosz shares her talent and love for music through her powerful, soulful voice, songwriting, and multi-instrumental skills, which include mandolin, clawhammer banjo, and guitar. At the age of 16, she has already been invited to perform onstage with many great musicians (including Earl Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, the David Grisman Quintet, Tim O‚Brien, Chris Thile and Psychograss) and won an Austin Music Award.

For more information or high resolution pictures of the artists, please contact:
Adrianne Serna
(415) 485-6946 ext. 633
adrianne@stringletter.com

When I was talking to the manufacturer of our mics, Harvey and Alex and clan came over and we yaked for a while. It was SO good to see someone that I have been reading and conversing with here for so long. After meeting with him, I find it hard to believe he is 70

When I was talking to the manufacturer of our mics, Harvey and Alex and clan came over and we yaked for a while. It was SO good to see someone that I have been reading and conversing with here for so long. After meeting with him, I find it hard to believe he is 70
You find it hard to believe??? I still don't believe it!!!:(

Back