names of WQ's that can cut down teh middle freq's?

PRiZ-one

what Eq's can cut in the middle frequencies, cut the lows but not a complete drop off/cut off, nah mean?

What are soem that can do a low-pass, but just lower it halfway sorta.

like this:--------------------------
LP ----- & not ----! a complete
middle ---- drop off
-----------------------------
bottom

I heard about them ealrier, but didn't remember which Eq's do this, and what their even called. anyone know?
peace.

Here Priz is the answer -

Lowering the ---by 2 dB with a cut using the middle----! should get you about 4% of a milisec, if you are carefull and add high drop off end ----!!!----.

I knew the diagram would just make it more confusing.

An EQ that can filter whatever frequencies you want out, but not making you have to completely cut them off. Instead of cutting off the highs completely you could lower them, like volume, but only for frequencies. without taking them completely out/filtering them right off.

PRiZ-one said:
I knew the diagram would just make it more confusing.

An EQ that can filter whatever frequencies you want out, but not making you have to completely cut them off. Instead of cutting off the highs completely you could lower them, like volume, but only for frequencies. without taking them completely out/filtering them right off.

Like Parametric EQ or maybe Multiband Compressor ?

Good Luck

Malcolm

hmm

first of all, what are you using or intending on using, hardware, software? if software what program? the more detail you give the better your answers will be. like said above, any eq can do what you described, but if you give more details, you can be helped along a little further.

I use software...

ok, I think what I meant was the low shelf and high shelf options. for some reason it just slipped me, but I still remember reading something about a certain type of EQ that does this better...

sorry for wasting your time.

priz

you are not wasting time my time. that's what everyone is here to do learn. i'm a beginner also. i have learned that more detailed questions can get you more detailed answers. now you say you use software, but what program? all programs come with it's own standard eq's. you may also have plugin packs from third party companies. if you told me you were using sonic foundry with fx1, fx2, fx3, for example, i have those and i can help you out a little further than just telling you the name, i can give some tips to that particular peice of software. let's say you were looking for a paragraphic eq, you may have some wave editing program that said hyper eq or something. you would probably end up wasting time and money looking or buying another eq, when someone could have read your post and steered you straight to that eq in your program and could give you some reccomended techniques on using it. i'm not saying you did anything wrong, god no, i'm just passing along some advice on getting better results.

here is some info on different eq's--http://home.houston.rr.com/psycle/edu/equalize.html:) :)

Re: priz

jugalo180 said:
i'm not saying you did anything wrong, god no...

Well, um, not proofreading one's posts is sort of a no-no...

But, it seems like almost any type of WQ, er.. I mean EQ would enable you to lower some frequencies but not totally eliminate them.

I try to lighten up on incoherency if I suspect English is not the native language of the poster. Of course, like so many others, it's impossible to tell because HE/SHE DIDN"T BOTHER TO PUT A LOCATION IN HIS/HER PROFILE!!! :mad:

(sorry, my own personal pet peeve. mea culpa.)

Back