Name Your Video Card

I have a dual-head NVideo GForce 5200 with 128 RAM. Super-fast and very stable. A dual (flat panel) montor setup rules for music production!

naaahhh, it's not impressive. The video card is only 99 buxxx anyway and 17" flat-panel monitors are rather cheap these days (around 350 or so). The thing is: once you used a dual-monitor setup for music production, you would never want to go back to a single screen. It makes live so much easier!

I have a matrox G450 dualhead which i love and i believe is one of the least expensive quality dual display cards available.

It's hooked up to two giant dinosaur monitors that take up my whole bloody desk :-)

Matrox G400 dualhead.
Using one screen at the moment but bought it for a dual monitor setup in the future.
Discontinued but I bought a new one earlier this year for just €45,- incl. shipping. Love it.

PNY Nvidia GF ti4600 with 128 DDR MB for $230 or so (a yr ago)

Definitely an overkill for a DAW station.

Giganova,
you could get an avg to dvi adaptor for $7 and use a CRT for your 2nd monitor instead of buying an LCD.

Al

I have an ATI 7500 64mb DDR.....and this works great for my use (not much of a gamer) and cheap at $70 cdn......but please take Giganova's advice

"...The thing is: once you used a dual-monitor setup for music production, you would never want to go back to a single screen. It makes live so much easier!"

Workflow becomes so much easier as you are not worried about being confined to one monitor.....So make sure you at least get a dualhead even if you only have one monitor right now.

If you don't play games you don't really need anything too intense.. Dual VGA head would be cool so you could do 2 monitors though. What are some PC DAW apps that use dual monitor natively? I know the new Cubase SX2 does. Tried doing something like that with Protools LE 5 a while back but the PC version didn't support true dual monitor; there was alot of moving and sizing. I got a couple 19" monitors and a dual VGA ti4200 so I was kinda curious about software

Matrox G550 dualhead.

(man, i want their new card ... dual DVI out for use with wide megaflatpanels... will cost €2,000 :eek: :eek: )

Herwig

Back