Naint Microphone Dry Samples

tojo

Hey guys, I've been around this forum for over a year and I am hearing a lot about the naiant microhpones I believe which are produced by mshilarious? from the board...

I really want to hear some dry samples (no effects) of these microphones for anybody who has bought them...

I listened to some of the samples on the website... and some of them are crazy! The only thing is that the person maybe have put effects (eq or reverb) and I'm not always able to detect them . I think buying one or two of these mics would be pretty cool.

I generally play acoustic guitar. but any samples of naiant mics of guitar, piano, drum overheads / kick snare etc, and or guitar amps. I'm just looking to hear single tracks, not a full song... i.e. just a stereo guitar recorded with said microphones.

even better would be if you could show me recordings that are perhaps with the latest microphones which are available to buy.

thanks I appreciate any help!

edit: here's an example from the website:
i've been searching for a sound like this for a while. Its a naiant user mic'ed recording, but i'm not sure if the added efx or not. I have some behringer c-2s and i've been trying to get the sound like that by moving the mics away but they are noisy.

That doesn't strike me as being all that far away, yet it is a lean tone. Something omni can do. Also indicative of a fairly soft pick (at least not real hard?)
Have you tried rolling off some low with the cardioids?

You mean, the mic isn't that far away?

is there a difference between omni and cardroid?
Yikes :) yes. You should definitely do some search on this stuff.
Distance from a mic effects the size' and directness (is that a word?) of a sounds image, as well as the amount of room tone. -the rooms reflections add 'space to the sound. Directional mics up close adds bass to their response.
Omni picks up all around -i.e. more likely to pick up ambience, and do not add bass up close.
That track sounds fairly 'intimate (vs. open and back'), yet lean. But really, how it was miced was nothing more than a complete shot in the dark guess. Skip that part, move on.

i mean't - is there that big a difference between the two capsule types

i guess so.

never mind. I'm really just looking for samples here.

thanks for your help.

Back