Naiant X-O: What's The Deal?

chaimesparker

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my MXL 993s with some better sounding small diaphragm condensers, mainly for use as drum overheads and on acoustic guitar. Can anyone give me a little insight as to how the Naiant X-Os will perform on these?

I worked on a project using the X-Os as room mics for nearly every instrument and they sounded fantastic, but that was in a nice, big, studio room and I don't usually have access to a room that nice.

If anyone has experience with these mics, especially as overheads and/or on acoustic instruments, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my MXL 993s with some better sounding small diaphragm condensers, mainly for use as drum overheads and on acoustic guitar. Can anyone give me a little insight as to how the Naiant X-Os will perform on these?

I worked on a project using the X-Os as room mics for nearly every instrument and they sounded fantastic, but that was in a nice, big, studio room and I don't usually have access to a room that nice.

If anyone has experience with these mics, especially as overheads and/or on acoustic instruments, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Well they're omni mics, so your room better sound good. Other than that, they're made by an old member here who no longer comes around, and they have a good reputation.

Back