Naiant Drum package?

Lexus507

Has anyone used the naiant drum package before and if so do you have a sample? I am looking for a budget solution for micing drums and I am looking to build up my mic locker a little bit. Otherwise I will probably just save up for some SP c4's an sm57 and some form of kick mic along the lines of the D112, deta52, or the atm kick mic.

Lexus507 said:
Has anyone used the naiant drum package before and if so do you have a sample? I am looking for a budget solution for micing drums and I am looking to build up my mic locker a little bit. Otherwise I will probably just save up for some SP c4's an sm57 and some form of kick mic along the lines of the D112, deta52, or the atm kick mic.

I've used those kicks, I still prefer the ATM 25 kick drum. Just my opinion if you go that route. A more defined sound and I've never felt the need to process it, I just take off the head of the kick.

I would also be interested in hearing what the Naiant package sounded like. I'm dirt poor, and $133 is dirt cheap. Dirt of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your $133!

I haven't used the Naiant drum package but I use the Naiant condenser mic's as overhead mic's and they record really well. Definately a great value and they could sell for much more.

I use the MSH-1C on my toms, and they sound great. The off axis rejection is really nice, and they're cheap enough that if I break one I'm not going to cry about it. The clips break easily though; I use the rubber ones that came with my josephsons. They protect the mic and are indifferent to a stick strike.

You can't really go wrong trying the Naiant mics out, in my amateur opinion.

Bumping to see if anyone has used the MSH-1's on toms. Do they distort at high SPL's? How close do you have them in? Cardio or omni?

Would be curious to see about getting a few of these for tom reinforcement...cheap enough that I wouldn't feel the need to get rid of them for cash :D

HeyHeyMyMy said:
I would also be interested in hearing what the Naiant package sounded like. I'm dirt poor, and $133 is dirt cheap. Dirt of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your $133!

If you haven't by now, you can listen to a drum clip here:

http://naiant.com/customerlinks.html

Or: Quick Download

Personally, I think it sounds almost, if not, as good as the samples on EZDrummer, which are very good, imo.

Back