nady quality

not so good...

that mic. actually kinda sucks. Like everything about it and the specs. sounds great, but i own one and the only thing you can really use it for is softer vocals. I'm not sure if i just got a faulty version, but it doesn't handel spls worth shit. It is fairly clear and does sound fairly nice for softer male/female vocs. It does real good with bass, but treble and freq. higher than lets say around 8000 it sucks. So i guess if you looking for something to mess with go ahead, but you might want to save your 200 bucks...

And its no AKG Solid tube!!!!!!!

Re: not so good...

nascentjunkie said:
that mic. actually kinda sucks. Like everything about it and the specs. sounds great, but i own one and the only thing you can really use it for is softer vocals. I'm not sure if i just got a faulty version, but it doesn't handel spls worth shit. It is fairly clear and does sound fairly nice for softer male/female vocs. It does real good with bass, but treble and freq. higher than lets say around 8000 it sucks. So i guess if you looking for something to mess with go ahead, but you might want to save your 200 bucks...

And its no AKG Solid tube!!!!!!!

you have the 1050 or the 1000? i've used the 1050 a few times at small project studio and ended up with a nice sound from it for only $240.. 2 patterns didn't wok brand new.. but it was able to handle high spl's when i used it.. nothing close to my u87 but the artist that was recording is the yelling type and it never distorted.. it was used with a Joemeek VC1

Re: Re: not so good...

c9-2001 said:
you have the 1050 or the 1000? i've used the 1050 a few times at small project studio and ended up with a nice sound from it for only $240.. 2 patterns didn't wok brand new.. but it was able to handle high spl's when i used it.. nothing close to my u87 but the artist that was recording is the yelling type and it never distorted.. it was used with a Joemeek VC1

well bascially i just don't like it that much. I guess its "ok" for like 200 bucks or whatever, but it wasn't worth my money. I'm pretty sure if you have an excelnet pre-amp you could get by with it, but from what i have heard from it, it sucks... And yes it was the tcm 1050. I own it.

Back