N-trak vs Vegas

S8-N

..|.. Part-time Antichrist ..|..
I am thinking of switching from Vegas to N-trak... Any arguments pro or con that might help educate me?
I run a system that should get pretty damn good performance but it just isnt happening.
I run a celeron 533 @ 900 mhz... dual Maxtor 20 gig HDs @ 7200rpm... Abit be6II mobo with RAID. WAVE 8*24 soundcard. Win2000 as my OS...
I am only pulling 12 tracks with 12 EQ's, 3 or 4 verbs, and 3 or 4 compressors before stuttering begins. This is with a cracked version of Vegas Video. 16 bit, 44.1K.
I have begin to suspect it might be an issue of compatibility between my card and Vegas, but I have no proof.

What do you think?

I'm still having stuttering problems on a kickass PC too

No experience with Vegas, but I've been having stuttering problems trying to start using n-Track on my new PC (which is absolutely *killer*) that I never had on my old PC (about half the processor speed and only half the RAM). The stuttering happens on the 1st track even before I add any effects/plugins.

Maybe some of the suggestions I got over the last few weeks might do you some good. Here's the URL for my thread:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27251

Dude, you should just download n-Track and try it out. Add a bunch of tracks and see what happens.

I'm interested in seeing if your weird 10ms lag issue disappears.

Slackmaster 2000

Uhhh, my mistake

For some reason I was thinking that you already tried n-Track. After seeing SM2K's response and re-reading your original post I see I was wrong.

Yes, download n-Track and see what happens.

Back