N-Tracks vs. Powertracks

Power Tracks....

Hmmm...I stopped using Power Tracks about a year ago when I started attmepting digital audio with it. I couldn't normalize anything without getting nasty clipping noises (even if I normalized to -3 db or so). N-Track seems to handle audio much better, from what little I've used it. It's not as memory-efficient as PTPA, but has a nicer looking interface. I'm also not sure about how MIDI works with it, as I've only ever used it for arranging audio. I haven't tried any of the lastest PTPA versions (I have 5, I think). I'd consider using it again (especially the new one with Direct X capability!), if I knew how to get rid of that clipping.

Powertracks now Version 7

I hear you there. I haven't had to normalize yet cause I try to get the levels set correctly before I record. Note there have probably been 2 significant Powertracks product upgrades since then, now version 7, so they may have corrected that problem.

I am finally just getting used to the Powertracks format now, to I don't intend to switch unless there is a significant reason to do so.

My favorite feature in Powertracks is the ability to copy, cut, and paste bars of digital audio. I can compose a rough draft of my entire song by cutting and pasting just a few bars of music here and there.

Back