n-track VU meters off-timing?

moogyboy

hey all

First time posting in a while...reason being is that I finally am on the cusp of being able to really use n-track, after having an unregistered version on my computer for nearly a year (I just won an M-Audio Delta 66/Omni IO setup on eBay and I'm waiting for it to come in). I have actually used the program for some stuff, but these mostly involved pre-existing WAV files I had laying around. I'm thinking it's gonna be fun once I get my interface hooked up.

Got a concern, though: I've noticed that my channel VUs seem to respond to audio *before* they actually happen. The master VU is pretty much on time, however. I figure this might either be some kind of latency issue/bug, or maybe a limitation of the unregistered version that purchase will take care of, but I don't know for sure and I want to know what's up with that before I plunk down $50.

I have version 4.0.5, btw, but will probably upgrade to the most current version right away once I buy it.

cheers

Billy S.

There are some settings that affect the VU meters response...such as refresh rate and anticipation. It will never be 100% accurate...but then again...neither are mechanical VU meters.

I use the VU meters only to see the peak levels during tracking and mixing. It is no concern to me if they are, or are not in synch.

Back