N-track vs. home studio 2002

Boseafus

I d/led both programs demo's to play around with them before I buy. Just wanted to know if you all knew of a site that compared N-track with other software (like home studio 2002). Both of these pieces of software are in my price range yet I would like to know the major differences.

Thanks

B

Tom,

Thanks...I just started listening tonight. Some of it is REALLY good...others....well. Actually, I am really leaning towards N-track. This is inspite of the fact that the demo crashes on me every so often. Could be my drivers or something. Anyway, I'm just one of those guys that analizes things to death before I move on something. Again...thanks a ton.

BTW...just listened to your songs...sounded great.

I haven't tried home studio 2002, but I have used N-Track for about 3 years now (Could it possibly be that long?!)

The major selling point of n-track over other software in its price range is its lack of limitations. Most other software that I see for less than $100 has absurd track limitations- can only play back 8 or 16 tracks. There's no reason the computer can't play back more tracks, they just limit the software to sell it to you cheap, get you hooked on their program, and sell you the expensive version 6 months later.

n-track doesn't have any of those limitations. It will handle as much as your computer hardware is capable of juggling. Want 12 plugs on your lead guitar? Sure! (Even my full version of Cubase VST can't do that...) Full automation of effects and mixing? Sure!

N-track has enough features to compete with the big boys. It does crash more often than the big boys, but they crash, too. Just get in the habit of saving your work often.

Have fun,
Chris

Nate
You are very kind to comment on my tunes.I am a "homer" musician with a day job like most of the folks here.I think the software has capabilities beyond my abilities to take advantage of them.As you say,referring to the tunes others have produced,some of the stuff being produced on this (really quite inexpensive) program is quite good.
Best of luck whichever way you decide to go.Be sure and join the party by posting some of your clips when you get going.
regards
Tom

Back