n-track vs cooledit/sawpro

mrclay

I've been doing a little research in n-track and it seems to have all the features I'd ever use in SawPro (and easier to wrok with), how does it compare to Cooledit Pro (multitrack) in ease of use/stability? Cooledit has been horribly buggy and crashed my win98 PC so many times I call it "crashedit" and finally yesterday playing a ten track mix it crashed permanently.. The system registry was corrupted and it won't even boot in safe mode.. ANYWAY! I have a K6-2 333MHz w/ 128Mb and I'm wondering how stable n-track will be w/ it once I reinstall 95(sr2) or NT. Is it true that in NT no directX plugins will work?

I, and a lot of other people I've talked to, have had major stability problems with the latest versions (2 and up) of N-track Studio. My solution? I decided that the new features (and flashy, useless graphics) wasn't worth it, so I stuck with 1.4.4. VERY stable. It really is a great program, and it definitely stands tall beside the more expensive pieces of software.

BTW: Give the newest version a try anyway. They may have fixed the problems, who knows? I'm still using 1.4 though in Win98, and I still haven't had a lockup!

Back