n-track /aardvark q10

sipi1910

i cant get n-track to recognize the q10.is anyone else using these two together that can help me?

thanks,
wayne

Hi, Wayne.

There are plenty of people using the Aardvark with N. No problem. There are a couple places where you have to configure N so it knows what hardware with which to work.

Look in Properties (Ctrl-P) for Audio Devices. Make sure you select the correct playback and recording (mulitple pairs maybe?) devices.

Then, click the Settings button on the Recording LED (little hammer) and configure the Aardvark for either 16- or 24- bits. You might wanna get 16 working first before messing with 24.

Then, click the Settings button on the Playback LED (little hammer) and configure your playback sound card (Aardvark as well?) for 16- or 24- bits.

tj

I just got a the Aardvark q10 and this is what I did to get it to work

Go to file>settings>prefrences

Click on the audio devices button

Select ASIO Aardvark Card Driver for the input and out put

That seemed to work for me. And keep everything at 16 bits at first to make sure it works right.

Jaycay said:
I just got a the Aardvark q10 and this is what I did to get it to work

Go to file>settings>prefrences

Click on the audio devices button

Select ASIO Aardvark Card Driver for the input and out put

That seemed to work for me. And keep everything at 16 bits at first to make sure it works right.

have you had a problem with n-track recording more than 1 track?heres what i mean:i arm just one track to record and when i finish,7 additional tracks pop up with nothing on them.

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot this topic existed. On the bottom right there is a dockable window called recording VU meters. Make this window big. There should be 3 buttons on the bottom for 2 channels each (It basically says there are 4 stereo channels). Thats where I arm tracks for recording. If you press the 2nd button you go through some menus and you can select to record the channels to new tracks. So if you only want to record channel 1. Disable all of the channels for recording by pressing the 2nd buttons. Then set the first channel to record the left channel to a new track.

I hope thats not too confusing.

Look at this picture to see the buttons I am talking about:
http://www.negative0.no-ip.com/jaycay/screenshots/recordingvumeters.jpg

Right, Jay. Also, if you click the red RECORD button on the Recording LED (not the mixer), you can select what you want done for each track. If you select Don't Record From This Channel, N won't create a track. You're basically disarming the channels you don't want to record to. They're armed by default.

tj

Back