Mystery Mixer

Alex W

Does anyone recognize this type of mixer? Interface Electronics? Is this just a hack one-off from somewhere or could there be some decent history behind it?

Let me know.

Alex

Attachments

• p1020226.jpg
    p1020226.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 105
Looks old and not so 'vintage'. Looks kind of custom because of the individual plates for each jack. Also, It looks old becasue the XLR connectors are backwards, like male on the board (unless they were all outputs) should be female inputs on a mixer, though years ago, (long before my time) they used XLR the other way around. I have a mic I had to switch the jack on for the cable because of this. Come to think of it, your mixer looks like an PA (Speech type) that I used a few years back. Sorry, I don't really have great info...

--MIKE

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't think it's anything special. I'm not implying that it's junk but if it sounds good then use it but I don't think there is any background to it.

Here's a picture of part of the front. It also has a meter bridge.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Alex

Attachments

• p1020225.jpg
    p1020225.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 72
Well. whatever it is, it has individual channel strips which is usually reserved for high end gear. You might want to look into this more closely. It may be something worth having.

Back