MySpace idiots

jibran

DC's Finest
What's with the stupid ass rappers and producers that post on EVERY artist's MySpace with links to their work with "CHECK IT OUT" written repeatedly and then quadruple post it every hour?

It's disgustingly annoying lol Do these cats think that'll get them their big break?

Whadd'y'all think? I got some of clowns on my page and then I deleted they commments and dropped them from the friend list. Anyone else have this problem?

What's with all these stupid rappers and producers on myspace PERIOD. LOL. Damn everyone wants to be a rapper, 80% of the cats suck.

Ya, I agree... And then you got those cats who put ads the size of the window and take long to load... I add to disable HTML comments cause of that. I'm cool with folks putting ads with events, but not the whole screen... :mad:

Damn Wax and I was gonna put the full length Fieva poster on your shit LOL!!!

Actually, I don't pay them any mind really. Myspace is decent but it's not the only resource that I use and eventually I'll be leaving shit on folks Myspace too, nothing huge, just a banner that links to my actual site so you can "check it out" or not.

Also, if you can do this, get friends of yours that have Myspace accounts to post your song on their pages. I've gotten plenty of questions from people who've been at one of my friend's pages about my music/ beats.

BeatsBuY said:
Ya, I agree... And then you got those cats who put ads the size of the window and take long to load... I add to disable HTML comments cause of that. I'm cool with folks putting ads with events, but not the whole screen... :mad:
Yeah but it doesn't always work. Lupe Fiasco did that but he gets as much spam, just in text form.

It's all good to promote, but I'm just saying be respectful... I'm all for banners and such... Also bulletins are good... :p

Fieva said:
Damn Wax and I was gonna put the full length Fieva poster on your shit LOL!!!

Naw it's all good. I get Myspace rage sometimes.. lol :D I've been up for 2 days!!! Well. not really...

BeatsBuY said:
Naw it's all good. I get Myspace rage sometimes.. lol :D I've been up for 2 days!!! Well. not really...

Hell when I get rage period it's not good...I usually wanna break shit and watch glass shatter on walls. Shit ain't pretty.

i see people promotin they myspace and i think it's a good thing cuz at least they are promoting therselves someway, even though it's easy and it's prolly the only way they know how they still doin it and it's cool, but when they just open up threads and put the link on there and never give advice or opinions thas fucked up

I call them myspace whores. Not only do they flood me with huge bulletons on the message area, but also in the email area of myspace with catchy topics. I dont mind bulletins and such as long as the person leaves a comment about my music before posting their stuff.

fuck myspace. i dont buy it at all that execs are looking at that shit or that its doing shit for the industry. theres a lot better ways than getting heard than that.

I agree wit pcp... i also do not believe that execs. use myspace to find talent and there are a lot better ways. wutever happened to the good ol days where u leave a cd on the producer's doorstep once a week???

pcp said:
fuck myspace. i dont buy it at all that execs are looking at that shit or that its doing shit for the industry. theres a lot better ways than getting heard than that.

I agree man. Myspace is just like the extra. The real peeps are out their at clubs performing, selling records on the streets.

DesertEase said:
I agree wit pcp... i also do not believe that execs. use myspace to find talent and there are a lot better ways. wutever happened to the good ol days where u leave a cd on the producer's doorstep once a week???

honestly yall are wrong...

we no longer have to go looking for opportunities because of our myspace promotion, they fall in our lap now...

we have been offered paid travel tours, dvd spots, movie soundtrack opportunities, magazine articles, radio interviews etc....

we get more opportunites than we can take, so now we have to weigh our options and only take whats best for us..

i have even been called and we have had an in person meeting in NYC with a major label about possible distribution of our album through warner music, based upon the final product...on the strength of our music, our marketing techniques and our myspace numbers.

myspace is just the next internet fad it will just come and go. i spend too much time trying to make money and trying to make good music to be worried about how many "friends" i have or who signed my guestbook today. you want to get heard, make good music and put that shit out there. its that simple.

pcp said:
myspace is just the next internet fad it will just come and go. i spend too much time trying to make money and trying to make good music to be worried about how many "friends" i have or who signed my guestbook today. you want to get heard, make good music and put that shit out there. its that simple.

while its comming and going...im making a name for my crew, not just within my physical limits, but worldwide..independant artists are churning their wheels investing tons of money to get heard, and they dont have a fraction of the name that we have managed to establish for free, and we havent even dropped an album yet...

im in thousands of places at once thanks to myspace.
im on there for networking and promotion...and being heard...and it is by far the most efficient means of doing that going right now...

it seems like people are mad at myspace because they just dont understand how valuable it is, or they had a limited experience and dont know how to use it to promote themselves....people hate on anything popular...but honestly, for an artist, this is the best free promotional resource EVER.

ive made friends and have legends in hiphop music checking my music, asking me for opinions on shit....and communicating me regularly through myspace....and have lined up collaborations with artists i grew up watching on rap city...myspace networking

Chino XL is on our album because of myspace.

we have people down for us all over the world, not just in the US, who are promoting our music, and even making their own flyers for us to pass out...our street team spans the globe..because of myspace

shit, i put up a voicemail phone number to leave us shout outs a few weeks ago and sent out a few bulletins, and once configa uploads the messages, ill link yall to a wav of the 100+ voice messages of people telling us how much they love and support us from all over the world and how they cant wait for the album, people wanting to work with us, rapping and singing auditioning on the voice mail...etc.....because of myspace

we have made a TRUE supportive fanbase through myspace, that will give us the edge...and people are taking notice of how we do and trying to get down with us....

youre right on getting your music right first, but once you know you've got something....youre a fool to not use the internet to its full potential to get your music out there...its no softer way to put it.

http://www.myspace.com/sleptonfam
http://www.myspace.com/wargasms
http://www.myspace.com/configa
http://www.myspace.com/arsenalarsenal

holla @ us on our forums at http://indiegrind.spreebb.com

Back