MySpace - How to use it?

I made one for my band (www.myspace.com/blueminute) not to spam...but yeah. What I did was add almost everybody in a 10 mile radius of my zip code Using the Browse function. Adding many people especially in your area, will help build your fan base and recruit more interest. The bulletins come in handy to announce: new songs, new members, new info, and of course new shows. The Myspace media player allows 4 songs. Overall thesite works pretty well.

My space is cool but it's really a monster. It's a lot of work to make it useful and many many "friends" are doing just as you are, trying to add as many "friends" as possible.

It's great for bands to hook up but I think you have to put some work into it.

I use the search function to search for people in the cities that I play in.
I also search for the names of the venues, especially if theres alot of kids that frequent them... some places even have their own Groups set up where all their regulars hang out.. I invite those people.

When people add me as a friend I leave a comment, eveyone likes to get comments and it also adds a link on someones page back to your site.

A few people who I haven't seen in a long time have found me on Myspace.. Its pretty cool.

bdbdbuck said:
On the personal page you can't post your tunes, but you can link your NWR page there.

bd :cool:

hey BD
long time no speakie;-)
you CAN now change a personal page to an artist page,,

by going into the help section,,,and simply clicking a link!
they MUSTVE made it that way cos SO MANY people start a personal page meaning to use it for a band!
;)

glynb said:
Hmmm, being naive about MySpace looks like I made a fundamental mistake and set up a personal account rather than a band account. I've emailed them to see about changing it over so i can post some tunes.
just delete that account and then make a band account and you can still have the same html. first of all send a bullitin telling all your fans your going to do this!

Thorguitarist said:
I made one for my band (www.myspace.com/blueminute) not to spam...but yeah. What I did was add almost everybody in a 10 mile radius of my zip code Using the Browse function. Adding many people especially in your area, will help build your fan base and recruit more interest. The bulletins come in handy to announce: new songs, new members, new info, and of course new shows. The Myspace media player allows 4 songs. Overall thesite works pretty well.

THIS is exactly what we did ..then we started with the first of 3 highschools in the area...we have made it through 2 of them so far...its made a pretty big difference in the turnout for some local shows we did ...

the search function in your freind .

http://www.myspace.com/blameamy

J.

Back