My whole studio up for sale

jimmy_LD

I’m unfortunately selling my studio. I'm getting divorced in a month, and I’m really a lighting designer, and I need to buy WYSIWYG to get a good job.

Everything has been used very little, if at all. It’s all been well taken care of.

I have:
(1) Alesis Studio 32, like new, sliders are all still stiff. It’s missing one little colored button from the top of one of the eq buttons. Alesis replaces them for cents, I believe. I’m asking a $450 for this.
(1) Tascam DA-30 DAT deck. Low hours, I paid $600 for it used, and it comes with the remote. I’m asking $350.
(1) Echo Layla 20 bit system (card, rack unit, cables, all). Very lightly used. I will throw in Cubase VST and the dongle with this…
I’m asking $400.
(1) Axman mixer stand, which I used to hold all this gear. Musicians Friend has them, and they are pretty cool. Tilting mixer mount, and 10-12 rack units underneath. I’m asking $70.
(1) BRAND NEW Behringer Autocom Pro, I just opened it and took it out of the box. I’m asking $70.
(1) Alesis Nano-compressor, used, missing a cosmetic top to a button, no big deal. I’m asking $50.
(1) Alesis SR-16 Drum machine. Like new, well kept. I’m asking $150.

I also have a shitload of microphones…

I have:
(2) Superlux CMH-8A Large Diaphragm condensers, one lightly used, one BRAND NEW IN BOX, with a Cool Edit CD. $70 each.
(1) Superlux HM-7 shock mount for the CMH-8A, $30 bucks.
(2) Shure Beta Green 4.0 small diaphragm condensers, both new with cases. $55 each.
(2) Behringer ECM-8000 measurement mics, new in boxes.
$35 each.
(1) AKG D190E, well taken care of. Make me an offer. Comes in a case.
(1) AKG D125, well taken care of. Make me an offer. Comes in a case.
(2) MXL 990 mics, new in box, never used, with shockmounts.
I’m asking retail for these, $69.00 each.
(1) Superlux Bass Drum mic, PRA-218B. Never used, still in box.
I’m asking $100.

Well, that’s it. I have about ten 20’ XLR’s, and I’ll sell them at $5.00 each.

Email me privately at jim@jimhutchison.com, and we can work something out.
Make me an offer. I’ll sell the whole thing for $2200 plus half shipping and insurance.

Thanks guys!
Jimmy

yeah, unfortunately...:(

I am serious....
I have got to condense my life a lot, and I am graduating with my MFA in lighting design as WELL as getting divorced in June.

I am trying to get into concert lighting design, and WYSIWYG is the program I need to learn.

Unfortunately as well it is 2000 bucks.

Gidge, are you interested in some stuff?

JImmy

damn i'd hate to see you get rid of your studio...
to bad i have good morals.. i'd tell you to get the warez of that program :D trust me i'm sure someone has it.. LOL

I feel your pain for having to sell the stuff but I was asking if you are serious about the prices.......

if your any good at least keep a min of equip, and judging from your equip, your good :) .... try kazza, 2 grand for a page editor is silly IMHO, software is such a ripoff today, i believe thats what your talking about, WYSIWYG? or auto HMTL....if i'm wrong please excuse....

WYSIWYG

Fusion2, WYSIWYG is not the popular page editor you're thinking about...

It's a lighting design software package form Cast Lighting that helps visualize lighting and does paperwork. It's pretty cool, if anyone is interested...

http://www.castlighting.com/

It's about $3000 bucks for the package I want.

I hate to see you have to liquidate your studio jimmy, but even if you sold everything, it isn't going to get you 3 grand is it?

Is there a local dealer for this program?
Have you trtied talking to them and asking them if you could pay it off over time? It never hurts to ask.

Is there some other way you could finance this program without having to sell off your studio for less than half it value?

Have you considered forming a business, applying for a business credit line or card, and deducting the cost of the s/w at the end of the year?

I'd wait until the divorce is final though, that way your ex will have no claim on your new venture.

Sounds like you need to get creative!

humm, ok, i still think soft is way over priced, i would write them and lay it on the line about your situation, and how the price will strap you for years to come most likey if not surely a hard year and the economy being such as it is you may get lucky... lord knows we all need a little luck nowadays... man i hate seeing someone give up or away there toys just to survive, ok, best luck from my rabbits foot :) and 10x more...

just don't pawn/give it away... i did once and live it every time i generaly see gear for sale...

Stuff I haven't ebay'ed yet...

Well guys, most of the stuff is on eBay now.
I have sold the two beta greens, one of my ECM-8000's, and most of my cables.

I still want to sell:
my two Superlux CMH-8A's, one is brand new, never opened, and comes with a CD full of software from Avlex (Naked Drums LT, SOnic Foundry, Acid Pro). I'll part with it for $70. The other is lightly used, and I'll sell it for $60.

I have a shockmount for the superlux mics, brand new, and I'll sell it for $25.00.

I also have a Behringer ECM-8000 left, and I'll sell it for $30 plus five bucks shipping.

I have a Behringer kick drum mic, PRA-218B, never opened.
I'll sell it for $70.00. Folks say it compares to the high end kick mics out there; that's why I bought it.

I know the prices the first go round weren't to your liking, but I'm trying to get the prices down low enough to serve you folks and still make a few bucks. You've all been great to me. And I really appreciate the great wishes! I'm going to start over once I start making money, hopefully the right way, buying good gear piece at a time and paying more attention to the stuff I buy. The stuff I have now doesn't suck, but I know I could do better.

Please let me know if you're interested. Help a brotha out!
I would MUCH rather sell to you guys than I would eBay it.
I wanna try and do something nice for all of you like you've done for me over the last year.

jimmy

If you hae any $5 XLRs left, I'd be interested in a coupleI think. I'd need a shipping quote to St Catharines, Ontario, Canada if possible? Thanks BJ

I used to do a lot of LD work. That software looks pretty sweet. I was always thinking it would be cool to have a real time simulator for programming intellibeams.

Why are you buying it just to learn it? Do you have the lights and controller also? Are you just looking to pre-program for gigs where you rent and don't have time to program?

well, I am finishing my MFA in lighting design, and I want to be a concert lighting designer. It's been my dream for years, and those doing the work told me to get WYSIWYG and learn it well.

That's what I'll be doing!

How does one get into the lighting for concerts business?
(You know, because this is a forum for recording...)

Any tips?

Back