My third song produced!

JeffDRO

First of all if you don't like HipHop/Rap Genre then this is what you are going to be hearing. I personally like all types of music but at the current time its what im feeling.

If you are willing to give it a shot and hear my song and review it as more of a music recording aspect.

This is a preview to a verse that is getting thrown into a song with a mix of a couple more rappers.

Thanks

I guess, not bad for the genre, but too gang-war, boyz in da hood cliché for my liking.....but if it makes ya happy....

Joey :)

It mad me laugh a few times.

The rapper doesn't sound black and used the "N" word :laughings:

It's too short, no hook, needs A LOT of work. Spend a few hours a week researching song writing on http://www.google.com and it may be a little boring but understanding it and being able to use real song writing skills will just make your music 100 % better than it would have been.

The only other advice I have for you is to also really pay attention to what's going on in hit rap songs. If you're listen to the radio pay attention to all the instrumentation, the changes, the fills, and any element they added that made the song more interesting.

Then try to apply the same techniques to your own music. Rap music is pretty basic and that's why it's important to pay attention to what makes it a REAL song verses it being just a piece of a song.

What I just listened to sounded like just a piece of a song to me.

typical gangsta stuff to me. you are just missing the 3rd musical element.

you have the strings covering the lower end, and that little solo bit on the high end. the middle region is where you need that 3rd element, otherwise it's going to sound thin. could be a thick sustained pad, or you could wind up mixing it up with the upper solo bit. that's on you, but i would say that's all it needs - the verse portion that is.

the chorus needs a hook.

we never would have known biggie if not for a great many hooks. your chorus needs some f-ing BAM knockout hook. even if you're trying to come off thugish. needs to be a complete change up.

Back