my take on a familiar riff

I don't know how you do this. I couldn't begin to come up with something like this. I wish I wrote stuff in this quadrant. I'd put you to work.

I find the bass kinda muted, but you know, if you were involved in a true collaboration, there'd be a bass player and the bass part would be more forward, problem solved.

If you're really lucky, someone will find a use for that talent. I am not being ironic.

Tush?

I don't care for the chorusy rythym tone but it works for the lead. Very nice lead playing - quite Gibbonsesque

dang...I hardly have any chorus on the rhy gtr... I guess I soak my stuff in chorus like I wash my clothes in reverb.

Thanks for the listen...
Dobro...too kind. thx!

The chorus was a bit much for me as well, but it worked for that hair band guitar sound you were going for. Good work, and I'm looking forward to hearing more. Re-record the backing track to your guitar with real instruments and that would be an incredible recording.

Definitely too much chorus on the guitars, as stated before. Also the lead riff sounds extremely muddy and not very defined. Bass is also causing some mud and doesnt have any separation from the kick.

Not an extremely clear mix but it sounds like all you need is some smarter EQ and maybe less effect. but you desperately need to make room for the kick and snare and make the lead shine more.

edit - not sure if you mind, but your drums have nearly no attempt of sounding real.... It sounds like the classic "room mic" sound from easy drummer.

ha...this one got dug up from the grave, to bash on! Actually what this is, is that I bought the Boss GT-100, probably that week this was recorded, and was made for those on the Boss forums who wanted to hear what the GT-100 sounded like (hence the name of the file too). I thought... what the H.... throw it in here too to be slammed on as well.

If you've listened to any of my other stuff... this was obviously a snippet, especially being a copy song and was it maybe only almost 2 verses... And of course I didn't even dig any mics out, etc.

Anyrate, I do appreciate the comments, but I'm not sure what else there is to dislike, that's left in the ditty... I think you covered about all.
Since you're fairly new around here, I'll be the goat you can take your hostility out on. Thx :laughings:

The playing is great as always! I did find too much chorus on the rhythm too. I think the main problem is that I've heard the original so many times that I have "that sound" ingrained in my mind. Oh well, I have a GP8 so when it dies I'll pick up whatever unit is the latest...:-)

yeah. ...love chorus... but it doesn't get my clothes as clean as some good wet reverb... At a 110db in cans, you start to loose the fact that the FX is 70% . So...what do you charge to sing on my stuff ;-)

btw... don't get the GT-10 cause it's now cheaper than the GT-100. Keep the 8. I have one too and it stays at home permanantly hooked up and the 100 goes out with me, DI in the PA. The new GT-100 is much better, especially with the dynamics and rolling off on the guitar. But they're $550... new.. so you have to figure that. I'm thinking of an axe FXII... but the GT-100 works for now. To many good YouTube players suck you into this gear! My trusty old tube amps are still here though. I've got miles carrying those buggers around and most speaker cabs don't have any tolex on one side anymore.

ha...this one got dug up from the grave, to bash on! Actually what this is, is that I bought the Boss GT-100, probably that week this was recorded, and was made for those on the Boss forums who wanted to hear what the GT-100 sounded like (hence the name of the file too). I thought... what the H.... throw it in here too to be slammed on as well.

If you've listened to any of my other stuff... this was obviously a snippet, especially being a copy song and was it maybe only almost 2 verses... And of course I didn't even dig any mics out, etc.

Anyrate, I do appreciate the comments, but I'm not sure what else there is to dislike, that's left in the ditty... I think you covered about all.
Since you're fairly new around here, I'll be the goat you can take your hostility out on. Thx :laughings:

I'm not new around here :P

Back