My superstar is trying to kill me

tilinmyowngrave

Good News. My new superstar came. Now I have a 10 piece drum set (2 bass drums, 6 toms, 2 snares). Bad News. I need to buy new heads for all of them and tune them. Yay. Wheres a drum slave when you need one?

capnkid said:
What color? I am really diggin' the orange satin flame.

Its the 80's version. Back before they put basswood in the shells. The finish is natural maple... If you want I'll post pics so you cud see the finish, but I dont have access to a camera until tomorrow. And wit the help of my friend, I managed to set and tune the whole thing up.

tilinmyowngrave said:
Its the 80's version. Back before they put basswood in the shells. The finish is natural maple... If you want I'll post pics so you cud see the finish, but I dont have access to a camera until tomorrow. And wit the help of my friend, I managed to set and tune the whole thing up.

My local music store has a kit from the 80's in his showroom. I guess the story is that this lady was buying them for her boyfriend, but they broke up and the music store owner got stuck with them. He wants $4000 for them!

capnkid said:
My local music store has a kit from the 80's in his showroom. I guess the story is that this lady was buying them for her boyfriend, but they broke up and the music store owner got stuck with them. He wants $4000 for them!

I got mine for the price of a 6 piece sonor force 3005 set :eek: ($1200). I spent all my work, birthday, and lunch money (instead of buying pizza, I saved it for this) on this... BUT $4000?!?!??!?!??

Back