My "studio". Thank you to all those who helped!

A.D.Ryan

Ok, so this is what I got. To the people who helped me...you know who you are! Thank you!
NT2A Condenser Microphone
Rode pop filter
a pair of KRK RP5G2 Monitors
a load of cables
Fast Track Ultra 8R Interface
Sony MDR-7506
You reckon it`s ok? I`ll buy one of those bass traps ASAP. The I have to download REAPER. I heard it can be downloaded for free, but when you go to the site, it tells you that you have to pay 50 bucks.

Ok, so this is what I got. To the people who helped me...you know who you are! Thank you!
NT2A Condenser Microphone
Rode pop filter
a pair of KRK RP5G2 Monitors
a load of cables
Fast Track Ultra 8R Interface
Sony MDR-7506
You reckon it`s ok? I`ll buy one of those bass traps ASAP. The I have to download REAPER. I heard it can be downloaded for free, but when you go to the site, it tells you that you have to pay 50 bucks.

Nice equipment. I have the Rokit RP6G2's and I really like them.

Bass traps are fantastic, but you'll need more than one. The cheapest route is to build your own. I know there's a lot of good info here on that. :)

Also, you CAN download REAPER for free, but it's only free for 30 days. After 30 days, you are expected to buy a license. $60 for a personal/small business license or $225 for a commercial license.

personal/small business = you make less than $20,000/year using REAPER.

More info here: http://www.cockos.com/reaper/purchase.php

The good news is if you buy a license now, it's good until v4.99. Right now it's at 3.4. Not a bad deal at all!

Cheers

Thank you for the info! I`m also really happy with my monitors. I`ll probably upgrade in 2 years or so. I got the reaper. I heard it`s really good, and user friendly. I was considering making my own traps!

Yeah REAPER is an amazing piece of software. Their forums are reeeally great too! I've been using it for about a year and a half now full-time and I love it.

And building your own bass traps is definitely the way to go. If you can't find any OC or Rockwool suppliers locally, you might wanna try this place: http://www.atsacoustics.com. That's where I got mine :)

And if you think your monitors sound great now... just wait until you treat your room. :D

Have fun!

Yeah REAPER is an amazing piece of software. Their forums are reeeally great too! I've been using it for about a year and a half now full-time and I love it.

And building your own bass traps is definitely the way to go. If you can't find any OC or Rockwool suppliers locally, you might wanna try this place: http://www.atsacoustics.com. That's where I got mine :)

And if you think your monitors sound great now... just wait until you treat your room. :D

Have fun!

Thank you! So you`re a full time musician? That must feel... nice!

Thank you! So you`re a full time musician? That must feel... nice!

Heh I wish! :D

No, I mix live albums for bands that come through a local venue. I used to play live all the time (one of those sad-but-not-emo songwriters..) but then I had nothing to be sad about so the song ideas just sort of stopped flowing. The good one's anyway hehe. I'm in the process of rediscovering my own music so maybe I'll be writing and playing again soon!

Also, thanks for the friend request thingy. I didn't realize forums had that.

Heh I wish! :D

No, I mix live albums for bands that come through a local venue. I used to play live all the time (one of those sad-but-not-emo songwriters..) but then I had nothing to be sad about so the song ideas just sort of stopped flowing. The good one's anyway hehe. I'm in the process of rediscovering my own music so maybe I'll be writing and playing again soon!

Also, thanks for the friend request thingy. I didn't realize forums had that.

I`d give you half of my "brilliant" song ideas for the ability to record songs and play the guitar properly:)

Back