My Soon To-Be Setup.

Maxwell13

Hey everyone,

Im new to recording and have a very small setup currently but i found a guy who specializes in selling bundles to allow you to save money. Ive had a lot of email exchanges with him recently and i think i found the setup im looking for from him.

the bundle (im thinking about) purchasing includes,
-MXL 2001 mic
-PreSonus Firestudio Project interface
-PreSonus Eris 4.5 studio monitors
-Audio Technica ATH-M35 headphones
-Alesis Q25 MIDI keyboard
-Novation ZeRO SL MkII controller (iffy on this one)

Im getting all this bundled together for around $1000 ($775 without the ZeRO but i can probably talk him down at least a tiny bit)

Any input on this package will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone thinks im missing anything id love to hear what else you feel i should put in with this bundle.

I posted a question in the MIDI Mania section of the forum, comparing MIDI controllers. I talked about how i was looking at the Nektar Control Surface but the guy im buying from doesnt carry their products and suggested i looked at Novation. I havent gotten any replies on that yet but if anyone sees this and has any input on that, it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

All good gear - assuming you have Firewire capability in your computer now? Personally, I feel most 'bundles' aren't that good a deal - you can shop around and find the various components at similar prices and pick and choose just what you need.

For example - what about cables for connecting all that gear - does the bundle include it? I don't see a mic stand or pop filter shown, either.

thanks for the input!

The thing is is that with this guy, im not actually choosing a pre put together bundle.. its basically like putting things in an online cart except the more things you put in the cart the more you save so for example i emailed him and let him know what i needed and he suggested items that he though best suit my needs.

I already have three mic stands and i have three XLR cables so i didnt think i needed to include those in the purchase.

Also, the computer im planning on purchasing doesnt have firewire capabilities but i was told to just buy the thunderbolt 2 to firewire adapter from apple. Jeff (the dude who owns recordingfromhome.com) said thats what hes doing with his setup.

Hey.
If you have thunderbolt then an adapter will get you firewire.
Don't spend $30 on the 'magic' adapters. An adapter is an adapter.

Looks like you'll need cables for the monitors too.
Small interfaces usually have TRS outputs for main monitors, and more often than not the monitors will have TRS inputs.

Popfilter was already mentioned. Pick one of those up. ;)

Hey thanks a ton!

i just emailed him about the cables to go with the monitors. and i believe that all his mics come with a case, shock mount and pop filter (but i do need to check on the pop filter).

I appreciate all the help guys!

Back