My song vs to other song

olsian

Hi i im from Albania and make folk music. i have my song and another from youtube. Iwant to make bassline kick and bass like this. I mix only plugins by waves fabfilter. I have rme uc. How to do? Thanks

Attachments

• mine.mp3
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • youtube.mp3
    5.4 MB · Views: 13
Hi there!

The main difference I hear is in the bass frequency band: your bass lives in the 100-150Hz area, where the youtube example has more focus below 100Hz.
You can get issues with clashing kick and bass (when their 'focus' frequencies overlap).
Try to find frequencies that complement nicely, you can add a little bit of that +100Hz to the kick for example.
I personally like to choose a band for the kick that sounds great and then diminish the same frequency band on the bass EQ. (reason: the bass needs a wider frequency band as it plays different notes)
You can also try playing with sidechain compression on the bass (kick as a sidechain) to make them work together nicely. Tune the release on the compressor carefully if you're going for that option, attack should be quite fast.

The differences that jump out to me is that the YouTube one has a wider stereo spread. And that you're getting some nasty build-up of high frequencies.

Check your reverb and EQ settings on the different vocal parts. If all the vocals are using similar 'verbs, you'll tend to get frequency build up like that.

Back