my song file clips when i put it on myspace and in car stereo?

jonas5000

here's the deal. after i'm happy with the results of my mix i save my file as an mp3 and it sounds fine. no problems. no clipping. however, when then put the song onto my ipod and listen to it in my car via a fm transmitter, the song file clips like crazy with the sibilance seeming to be on overdrive. no other songs do this except for my own. this also occurs when i put a song up on my myspace page. crazy sibilance + clipping. does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

i also tried saving the song multiple times as 320kbps/44Hz, 256kbps/44Hz, 192kbps/44Hz, and on down to see if that would make any difference. it did not.

please.....help.......me

(A) iPods don't exactly have wonderful converters.

(B) The FM transmitter for the iPods don't exactly have wonderful frequency response.

Doesn't everything else sound like crap through the FM transmitter of your iPod?

here's the deal. after i'm happy with the results of my mix i save my file as an mp3 and it sounds fine. no problems. no clipping.
Where? Other than your mePod, have you tried it anywhere else other than your mixing desk (e.g. burn a CD and play it on your home stereo, boom box, car stereo, etc.?) And what are you monitoring on at your mixing desk?

If it sounds fine at your desk but winds up sounding harsh on more than just yor mePod, you may have a problem with your speakers at your mixing desk being too anemic on the high end; you're over-boosting the highs to get it to sound good there.

G.

when i burn a cd of the track and play it on any stereo, it sounds fine. the only two situations it does this is when i play it over an fm transmitter and when i put it up on my myspace music page. i've played it on home stereos, car stereo, ipod without using an fm transmitter (i.e. headphones, speakers) and it all sounds perfect.

Back