My son needs HELP!!!

justharold

My son Josh has been chosen from thousands of contestants to be in the top 5 in the nation for the Walmart Associate Star competition. You can see the segment that was aired on USA here:

http://infrontwithwalmart.com/video/1002.aspx

You can hear him sing and vote here:

www.walmart.com/star

The voting actually ends this afternoon (about 3pm EDT). Josh has had a lead throughout. HOWEVER, the others a making huge gains!

PLEASE take a minute and check it out. Josh is such a good kid. It seems he always comes so close to things like this...and then misses out. He really loves the Lord and his family. I know he'll "take it like a big boy" if he loses, but...frankly...I get tired of watching him suck it up. I'd really like to see him win this.

If you watch him, I am quite satisfied that you will think that he is the best. If you don't, I will refund your money! (You can't beat that!)

Thanks

Reactions: SRR
i wish your son the best of luck, that would be a wonderful thing if he were to win, but i also do not condone most of the actions of walmart and i want nothing to do with their voting process, and furthermore, i don't really see how this is appropriate for the microphone forum.

I voted for him. Great voice and a perfect tune.

<< after inward reflection, I thought it best to edit out the rest of my comment >>

Last edited:
Looks like Josh is the clear winner, unless one of the others stages a last-minute rally.

Gidge said:
I voted unlike the hippies on this BBS......

Me too.

This thread is about a parent trying to help a kid, who happens to work with one of our nation's largest employers.

Way to stand up for your principles :rolleyes:

There's a really bad case of "right-itis" going around this place. Thread posted in the wrong forum? SO WHAT?!?!? Don't like WalMart? There's no reason in the world to mention that in this thread unless it's to stroke your own ego about how enlightened you are. Here's some enlightenment for you. Help your fellow man when they ask for it. A vote for this member's son would have meant a lot more to the original poster than your refusal to frequent WalMart's site will ever mean to WalMart.

Here's a big hearty "THANK YOU" to those of us that can get over our hatred of WalMart long enough to help a fellow member out.

Last edited:
Walmart, Exxon, Shell oil,(almost $4.00 a gal.) We have to work somewhere. This isn't a vote for his employer, it's a vote for his talent. Got my vote. Might even vote again tomorrow

OK...I'll concede, you're right, probably not the best place to insert my two bits worth but when wasn't music political or controversial? Most of us probably don't remember the midevil times when tri-tone combinations could get you time on the rack :D . But in this case, yeah I should have left the commentary out. Dad should be proud of the kids achievement with little else to cloud the view.

I voted for the kid for three reasons, dad was asking for a leg up (I'm down with that...got aspiring kids too), kid had a great voice on a tougher than realized tune and then finally for the musical choice and content. I'm a man of the nation. I served it, my father served so, I've got a patriotic backbone.

Just don't ask me for my opinion...cuz I've got one and as a kid, I was taught that one should always share. ;)

I knew that thanks...ever feel like you shoulda just stayed in bed? Where's the rewind button?

punkin said:
OK...I'll concede, you're right, probably not the best place to insert my two bits worth but when wasn't music political or controversial?

Punkin...my rant wasn't directed at you at all...in fact, you inspired me to actually take the time to listen and vote; I got all pissy at the first knobheads who couldn't be bothered to infect their computers with a hit on a walmart site.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No misunderstanding here. I just realized that this really wasn't the place or the time to get on my soap box. I guess I split the middle, voted and ranted. It's good my friend(s). :)

Thanks everyone...I appreciate the kind words and votes.

I do apologize for posting this on the microphone forum (it is just the one with the most traffic...) I probably should have said something about the Beta 87 he was using. ;-)

I, too, am not so thrilled that he works at Walmart. Unfortunately, there are not alot of jobs of any kind in Painted Post, NY so...it's basically that or welfare.

Josh is a good kid. And he's a good singer. And, yes, he's too good for Walmart. Hopefully this will help get him out of there.

Then maybe he'll get rich and buy me a nice Neumann or something...

yeah after i posted earlier, i felt like a douche bag and went and voted. i appologize for the snippy post. i was in a foul mood about some other things and should not have taken it out on your post. however i never claimed to be enlightened. i'm working on it, but definitely not there, wherever "there" is.

Back