my ship is sinking (syncing)

texasbluesman

Howdy folks, hope everyyone is having a great day so far. It's 85 degrees here in Texas - so nice! I have been having a problem with my recordings not syncing up. I am using vst 32 5.0, pc, and a layla 24 sound card/interface. When I record, everything sounds normal, but upon playback it's not synced up. All my previous recording playback fine, there has been no change to my wiring setup to accomodate the latency issues. I can't figure out what's going on.

Help if you can,

TBM

I've had similar problems. Make sure you're using the same hardware for both recording and playback. If youre using the layla card for recording but playing it back through a sound blaster it won't snyc up.

buffer size

Sounds like your buffer size is set too high. Your sound card should come with driver software which allows you to change buffer size. The smaller the buffer size you use, the less latency (delay) there will be between your original recording and the track you are recording over it. If the buffer size it to small, you will get a recurring clipping sound in your recording.

i'm looking into how to use your audio software to compensate for latency by shifting new tracks over a couple milliseconds. If anyone knows about this, please let me know.

synching up

Howdy Pardner. Try the Full duplex option in System. 85 in in Texas? 75 here in Spain....Ole!

sync

Sorry...Audio enable only during playback...it´s that I´m in a cybercafe and I don´t have the program in front of me. As I also said, mute audio tracks while recording to avoid a loop delay. I´ve had various problems as well with syncing and between Global disable, Audio Enable during playback and muting the audio channel-track I´ve had good results...Good Luck Pardner

Back