My setup doesnt work?!?!

coolasvanillaic

Hey everybody,

I recently played a party a few weeks ago and I decided to not use my rack which contains a power conditioner, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and a TC Electronics G Major. Since I wasnt going to be using it, I took out most of the cables so I could use them elsewhere. Anyway, I was practicing with my band last weekend and when I hooked all the cables back up, I wasnt getting any effects from the rack. Now I usually have problems with my stuff because I always forget to hook something up, but not this time. I tracked everything and made simple connections to the rack and still nothing worked. The cables all work fine so thats not the problem. I dont know what it could be.

For anybody who cares, Im running the rack through the effects loop of my 5150. Maybe some of you guys know why it just stopped working and hopefully its something Im doing thats dumb. Im pretty sure that its the G Major's output because I can see the signal going in(the G Major shows the input levels), but all that comes out is a low level highly distorted signal.

Anybody know what could be wrong? I dont see how both outputs could suddenly stop working.

Thanks for any help guys. Ive also been look on TC Electronics support website for help.

Matt

i dont know anything about the G major

but most of the rules of rack gear should apply. Make sure you have inputs up loud enough on all the rack gear so that you can get a signal out. I would check the level of the EFX loop on your amp. You prob have a level knob as well as a pad of some sort. Fool around with all of this stuff and see what happens.
Better yet go through and hook each thing up by itself in the effects loop and see whats not letting the signal pass. Its probably going to be something so simple and your going to be pissed. Thats how it always happens for me.

Back