my sellout pop song :)

MadHatterTCM

Eternally Striving

the poppiest song i've ever written/recorded :)
I'm not ashamed though haha

this is the first mix of it.. it's kinda rough, but i'd like to know what you'd rather hear in the mix..

It is indeed poppy, but wow, what a great performance (and production) in all aspects! What's your setup, generally?

Yeah, it's pop, but damn it sounds really good. I can't say anything negative about it...

Almost gave me a cavity it's so sweet... :D

It is indeed poppy, but wow, what a great performance (and production) in all aspects! What's your setup, generally?

For what in particular...
pst... i'm running through firepods :)

Great stuff man. I'm especially impressed with the vocals. Where'd you get your training?

screaming in my truck while no one listens...
Thanks for the compliments though seriously.
Honestly, i grew up around some serious musicians.
I fail to compare to them, but they inspired me to push myself.

Very excellent man. Well rounded and as stated before the vocals are great.

Things I would recommend:
- The vocals seem kinda treble-y in places. Did you use a pop filter?
- I would try messing with the placement of parts between the left and right channels to help separate parts. At some points it just seems like there's a lot going on

Take these opinions for what they are worth...judging by this track, you are a much better audio engineer than I, haha...these are just the things my ears are tellin me :)

Overall though the quality is great and it's quite the enjoyable song!

Nice job.

It's poppy and catchy and quite well produced.

The only thing I heard that really sounded out-of-place would be the guitar bump right at the end.

At 2:10, right when the drums cut out there's a "whump" sound, like a plosive or something.

Very nice though, I like it. :D

haha, i didn't even notice that.
sounds like something hit on of the microphone stand or something.

haha... hmm.. small edit currently being done for that ;)

the poppiest song i've ever written/recorded :)
I'm not ashamed though haha

this is the first mix of it.. it's kinda rough, but i'd like to know what you'd rather hear in the mix..

Nice song, nice recording, as usual out of you. Yay!!
You know what I'm gonna say first.... the vocals aren't popping the way I'd like. I would have to play this song many times to figure out what you are saying. I may just be old school, but that's the way I would like to hear it.

Additionally, there is one thing that hurts my ears really really bad in this otherwise beautiful song: the C# you are playing doesn't fit harmonically with the song. It's quite dissonant, and grates my ears every time I hear it. It just sounds like somebody screwed up and played the wrong chord, or the bass player played a wrong note..... If you replace that chord with a A/C#, it will make it all better.

Peace!

~Shawn

I can see where eyema's coming from, but overall it's a pretty damn fine performance and mix....! :D

Back