my rush tribute band

Good job. You left out a lil tiny detail called VOCALS :D I guess I wouldnt want to imitate Geddy either.

Next time do an instrumental like Strangiato or YYZ, no vocals needed. Nice work. :cool:

Can't get to it.. Your site's bandwith has been exceeded.... Anxious to hear it though...

You don't happen to the early stuff? Like "Workin' Man", "2112", "Fountain of Lamneth"???? Them's my jams dawg... :p

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I read "Rush tribute band."

But .... [long sigh] .... to each his own. To each his own.

Thanks Dave, I know it dosnt have vocals. We do yyx and la villa as well, i'll post those soon. Thanks for thr reply's, even you vomit mouth....

Yes, I knew YOU knew it didnt have vocals ;) , just razzin ya. I am a huge Rush fan, I play Strangiato on my violin, YYZ too. :cool:

As for your tunes, sure, you do a fine job and your drummer has decent chops. The feel is fine, everything's where it should be.

Personally, I would rather hear more abstract Rush tribute bands. I.E. playing the tunes but not adhering to a copycat tradition. There is an album ( Working man) where a bunch of semi-famous people cover Rush, but I dont like it because they imitate too much. I think ( not sure) you can be a tribute band but do your own thang as well.

I'm a complete Rush freak so I had to check this out.. pretty good.. you picked 2 great tunes too.. the tempo is a little more up beat compared to the originals.. that was the first thing I noticed.. I'd like to hear a little more of a close mic sound on the drums and the cymbals seem a little dynamic.. not sure.. just a few little nits.. nothing major.. decent job though.. always good to hear some Rush that's not off Moving Pictures.. Hemispheres is probably my favorite album so I was happy to hear Circumstances.. it was fairly tight with only minor clams..

I can't get to the songs because that site is so lame. Could you maybe post them somewhere else? Rush is one of my favorite bands.

I have done some live to tape recordings of some Rush songs years ago with some friends.
When it comes to being a little different, A) the bass parts were played on keyboard and some of the guitar parts on synth at the same time.
B) Guitar parts changed to play on 12 string acoustic on a bunch of the songs

Songs done with 12 string: (and got good results)
Lead solo's played on synth

Spirit of Radio - same groove / strumming
Working Man - more strum than riffing
Tom Sawyer - same groove
In The End - more strum
Fly By Night - same
Something For Nothing - same
Xanadu - same

Then there was the bunch Supertramp and Queen songs, and a few other groups.

Damn! I couldn't listen to any of it either. Would love to hear your version of Circumstances; one of my favourites. I guess I'll try again later.

Its a crappy site for sure. Sorry bout that. I think I'll just pay for the website to get more bandwidth. I'm on the freebie thing now. Thanks for all the comments guys, it's much appreciated.

B_rad said:
Its a crappy site for sure. Sorry bout that. I think I'll just pay for the website to get more bandwidth. I'm on the freebie thing now. Thanks for all the comments guys, it's much appreciated.
You can get a free site at soundclick.com and it doesn't limit the number of downloads.

very nice job b-rad, wonder why anyone would vomit on rush(?), even if you hate the band(for some reason), still can't deny that fact that they are the most impressive trio to ever exist", songs alittle fast , but rush is playing that fast nowdays in concert anyway(how else) would you fit 30 years of music in two hrs. ??/ great job/ need vocals bro

Bump... I'm still wanting to hear these tunes. Are you going to post them on a site that actually lets us listen?

I am a big Rush fan.

The arrangements are pretty close and so I give you a C+ (BIIIIIIG shoes to fill). The drummer has some cool chops but is not doing a great job at the machine that is NP. Bass player and guitar player are pretty good and props to the guitar player for giving it his own thing.

Cool stuff-

-Casey

Thank Supercreep. I definitely gave it my own spin!! And as far as drums He didnt bring his double pedal. But for the mix?? It's not that bad right?? :D

Back