my reggae/rock band

tbuck92

I'm in a reggae/rock/touch of hip hop band and do the recordings and mixing myself in my studio. Just wondering what you guys think of the recordings/mixes. I'm looking for feedback particularly on "Mt Sawyer". thanks.

songs are at deadfishmusic.com

Hey man! I happen to be a reggae/rock solo artist, so I know where you're coming from! I really like the stuff you have up on your site! The first thing I noticed about Mt. Sawyer is the snare drum. It sounds like a really great snare sound, but it seems a little far back in the mix. Maybe turn it up a little and EQ with a low-mids drop? I'll be back later to listen to some more songs. Pretty sweet stuff!

Thanks for listening. I'm thinking the snare may be back in the mix because I did use quite a bit of reverb on it, but I'll try what you said and see how it sounds too. Thanks again

I listened to all of the songs on your site. I especially like Cosmic Holes and Relief, but I couldn't get the remix of Relief to play. Anyways, really great stuff. Are you working on an album? What instrument do you play?

We are working on an album, alot of the songs on the website will be on it. I'm the rapper, back up vocalist, and I do the samples you hear on Mt Sawyer and a couple other songs on my MPC. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen!

I liked it. Nice composition, parts all work well, alot of changes too. Overall good job. Enjoyed it.

Back