my presonus hp4 died

bump

it's been a couple of days and no one has recommended anything. presonus wants me to pay $50 for repairs plus shipping. maybe i'll just send it back to them.

I had an HP-4 that I sold to a "friend"....

I spent another $50 and bought the Behri HA4700... much better unit....

I liked the HP "Control Out" and Mute feature... If you have powered monitors, that's nice....

I wouldn't spend the $$ on the repair myself.... Good luck.

sounds like you should be using a small mixer instead of headphone amp... unless you wanna use multiple headphone... then get a small mixer AND headphone amp. :)

Can i get a behringer power play and use a splitter on one the headphone outputs and connect it to my monitors or would i just be better to get a small mixer?

tigerotool said:
Can i get a behringer power play and use a splitter on one the headphone outputs and connect it to my monitors or would i just be better to get a small mixer?

I would suggest on you getting a small mixer too! :)

Repaired Presonus HP4

I've had two Presonus HP4's go bad. One was six or more years old and its replacement was used, but probably a similar age. Both have a failed IC, MC33079P, in different stages. I found a replacement, MC33079PG, and have fixed one so far for less than $10. Maybe that IC is not reliable or the design taxes it to much, but since I've found it very useful (4 headphones, mono switch, monitor level/mute for $99) I thought it was worth fixing.

Here's some more info I posted:
Repaired Presonus HP4 Headphone/Monitor Amp | Andrew Nelson

I upgraded to a nicer headphone amp and couldn't be happier. I love having more clean headroom than I would ever need. I'm actually afraid my current headphone amp would fry my headphones if I ever dimed it.

The Behringer is actually a good headphone amp, but there wasn't near the amount of clean headroom you get with nicer units, actually there wasn't even as much compared to the hp4.

Back