My personal favorite

Layla Nahar

My personal favorite (yikes - Ok now there's a link!)

"Sleeping bags and dramamine, soon you'll be gone
tie my shoelace, this is your song

You are omnipotent, always around,
I don't know how to swim, maybe I'll drown"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/bencantilmusic.htm
This is my freind's stuff. I think it's really good. I hope that someone here might enjoy it too.

My favorites are Polarities, Omnipotent You, and Angel

I am looking forward to the day that I can write as well.

Last edited:
wow - 33 people looked and nobody had an opinion. Nobody liked it? (taste difference, perhaps?) I'm really curious to know how people here liked it (or didn't)

LN

Not really my thing, but interesting sound and songwriting. The recording is well done for home studio stuff. Singing is all over the place pitchwise, but maybe that's what he was going for.

...Intrigued... :o

Layla Nahar said:
wow - 33 people looked and nobody had an opinion. Nobody liked it? (taste difference, perhaps?) I'm really curious to know how people here liked it (or didn't) LN

I liked the Angel Part two song. Nice little Trance/Techno song. I really liked the wisper talk with the music very very cool. Some famous band has done that but can't put my finger on who.

Uhmm... Omnipotent is kinda like a Pink Floyd but not in a good way. By the way the Polarities and Omnipotent sound very similar to eachother. I know that your friend is going for discordance but I think there is too much discordance in both Omnipotent and Polarities. That being said, don't base your music on what people here say.
Play what you want to play, and not what people want you to play nor what nor what's in, hot, or cool at the time.
People love music when the artist put their heart and soul into the song, no matter what the genre of the music. When the artist don't put that energy into their music the people can sense it.

I know I'm getting all weird and stuff but it's true. Look at George Throughgood. His music, is not particularly good nor does he really sing, he more like talks. But he loved playing it, and you can feel it. Especially in songs like One Burbon, One Scotch and one Beer.
The same is true with Rammstein with Du Hast or Rob Zombie with Never going to Stop me. Great songs, but not because they are necessarily great but because they put heart into the music.
Your friends songs Omnipotent and Polarities to me feel like they are forced, his Angels part two feel like he enjoyed doing its a fun song to listen to.

Hey Layla

I've listen to all of the again, and Born is not bad ... it has potential but the best by far in my opinion is Angel.

Please ask your friend for me if he really enjoyed doing that one. In my opinion your friend will be great at creating some techno music. I would most certainly buy Angel from him for my personal use.

I know that Alternative and Gundge are hot right now, but there is all kinds of sounds out there.

Back