my pending setup - comments? please ?!? heh

Locomule

35 yrs as guitarist
Purchasing a Dell Dimension 8200 Pentim IV @ 1.8Ghz w/ 1 Gig RDRAM to push an Arrdvark Direct Pro 24/96. I need a soundcard option with 1 midi in and phantom powered xlr(s) for the RodeNT1 I am buying. Was gonna go with M-Audio's Omni Studio but it has no midi which would mean loosing a usb connection to a dedicated 1X1 midi thingee. I need the midi to run dx synth in Sonar (Pent.4 1.8G with 1 G ram outta decrease the latency wouldn't you think?)
Any thoughts are greatly welcomed as my brain is fried and I have 2 days to by pc and get $200 rebate. (plus I've been waiting 6 years to do this - BTW - there will be NO upgrades in the future. Wanted to go dual cpu with xp and Sonar but nothing seems available in that area at present time. ...must ...go ...smoke now. eat. visit wife and kid.

i battled with the single CPU P4 / Dual P3 issue a few months ago as well... you cant really go dual P4 since motherboards arent readily available..

i figured since i too wasnt planning on upgrading for a while i should go the P4 route.. i couldnt talk myself into investing money in an older technology.. 1.8 ghz P4 1024 mb of ram setups with 40 and 60 gig 7200 hard drives is what i went with..

its FAST as far as audio is concerned.. full song mixdowns take seconds in vegas video... ive piled on more dx effects than i could count with out any major latency..

just be sure the aardvark is compatible with the dell first..

- eddie -

Back