my oirignal tune, I do Love You

MusicalSound

Fired up the old analog systems for this one. I'm not really sure to work on it some more or just throw-away. Things that were hard was recording organ all the way through without being able to punch in. You can't punch in on this machine. But the signal flow should look something like this:

1978 Teac M15 desk----> 1978 Teac 80-8 (8 channels)----->1978 dbx DX-8 noise reduction------> early '70s scotch 203 tape
(edit, this is 14 tracks since 8 tracks were submixed to two.)

version 2:

in my early mist i finalyl want to tell you
i do love you
i'll hear you at noon
til 3 everyday
take your pills and then we'll pray

Last edited:
WEIRD sound stage - mainly mono with occasional oms & vox to the side.
The organ sounds are too dominant and too fromage to hold it all together.
It does sound like the sound scape from an old acid trip exploitation movie which is cool in its own way.

WEIRD sound stage - mainly mono with occasional oms & vox to the side.
The organ sounds are too dominant and too fromage to hold it all together.
It does sound like the sound scape from an old acid trip exploitation movie which is cool in its own way.

Yeah I just listened to it again and the organ is definitely wrong for one of the versions. But it does strike me as very ambitious writing on my part. It's not good, could be better, but the sign of someone who wants to do something particularly interesting and a bit more involved. I think what I can take away from this is to just try to track cleaner and write something even more ambitious in the vein of ELP or Pink Floyd who are definite influences of mine

I like the overall sound of this, but the woolly kick drum poking my right eardrum in all the way through doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid!

Back